Cleaning vinyl siding - not ordinary "stain"

Hello everyone, I have dark brown sometimes black splotches on my 17 year old siding. I have read some posts about using clorox etc but can't resolve two problems 1. how to spray the mixture so it doesn't run and 2. what happen to the porch paint when it does run? fwiw - this stuff is like a tobacco stain tatoo. It appears to be "in" the vinyl, scratching on it doesn't touch it. It also appears to be the result of the presence of some kind of bug or insect but what I can't tell. Bug poop? Any input will be appreciated. gk
--
---
I don't post my email because I get hundreds of spam

What's a tobacco stain tatoo? How big are the splotches? How big are the bugs? Splotches bring to mind pigeons and flying cattle.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

A tobacco stain tattoo is a brown splotch that looks like it was spit onto to surface but is as hard to reach as if it been etched on with a tatoo needle just under the surface thus it is as difficult to wash off as a tatoo. gk
--
---
I don't post my email because I get hundreds of spam

Sounds like the work of a mighty big bug. Artillery fungus will cover a wall with dots that are hard to remove, but they aren't splotches and aren't below the surface.
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

Sorry - haven't seen any bugs - just looks like something a bug would do. !?! OK now I'll bite. What are flying cattle? btw - we can rule out pigeons.
--
---
I don't post my email because I get hundreds of spam

"These photos were taken at "Flying Cattle Farm" in Miou-Li (between Taipei and Taichung). It used be a cattle farm of government..."
I think some of those cattle starred in the movie "Twister".
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants
Multi-Purpose House Wash - Concentrated Cleaner For use with high pressure washers! A heavy-duty, non-butyl cleaner that contains alkaline builders that break up greases, oils and dirt for easy removal from outdoor washable surfaces such as brick, stone, siding, gutters, painted wood, spas and pools. Dilute 8 ounces of Multi-Purpose House Wash concentrate into 1 gallon of water. 32 fl.oz.
Getting Started with Stanley With Stanley Home Products your financial investment is minimal -- as low as $10 for a starter kit. There are no hidden costs or inventory to purchase. All you need is the desire to get going! www.myshp.com/sbray
Sandy
face=Arial size=2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt; Hello everyone,<BR>&gt; I have dark brown sometimes black splotches on my 17 year old siding.<BR>&gt; I have read some posts about using clorox etc but can't resolve two<BR>&gt; problems 1. how to spray the mixture so it doesn't run and 2. what<BR>&gt; happen to the porch paint when it does run?<BR>&gt; fwiw - this stuff is like a tobacco stain tatoo. It appears to be "in"<BR>&gt; the vinyl, scratching on it doesn't touch it. It also appears to be<BR>&gt; the result of the presence of some kind of bug or insect but what I<BR>&gt; can't tell. Bug poop? Any input will be appreciated.<BR>&gt; gk<BR>&gt; ---<BR>&gt; ---<BR>&gt; I don't post my email because I get hundreds of spam<BR>&gt; notes every time I do. Reply to the group, please.</FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=
DAMN SPAMMER