Cleaning vinyl siding

My house has white vinyl siding,we had storm with rain and high winds,my neighbor has red maple tree and lot of leaves stuck to the siding,now I have reddish stains where the leaves where ,any way of getting rid of these stains?,Thanks

Reply to
Tony Pacc

On Sat 13 May 2006 04:40:54a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Tony Pacc?

TSP?

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

What comes to mind here is a mix...

1 cup household bleach 1/2 cup TSP warm water to make 1 gallon of solution

Stir the TSP in about 1 pint of very warm water until dissolved. Put into a garden sprayer. Add water and bleach to make 1 gallon. I use a soft brush with an extension pole attached, and a garden hose for rinsing. I use this method and mix to wash my house once a year. You can use a product called Jomax instead of the TSP, available at the BORG.

Tree leaves have a tendency to stain siding, decks, and concrete, although I have found that several weeks of sunlight removes most of the stains.

Reply to
Phisherman

======================= Would that work well for the chalking issue as well? My vinyl siding needs to be cleaned due to the chalking.

Reply to
Shcr

Whats the TSP do to the yard?

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

TSP is a very strong detergent. Some plants may be sensitive to it, but I have had no problems with fescue, hydrangeas, peonies, hosta or clematis. If too strong either detergents or bleach can damage plants. It helps to rinse well.

Reply to
Phisherman

Not sure. Caulking preparation requires a clean surface--you could use (non-sudsy) household ammonia or rubbing alcohol, or a 50/50 mix of these two. The rubbing alcohol dries faster and for a good caulk job you want a clean dry surface.

Reply to
Phisherman

It was chalking (fine powder) not caulking. I can run my finger along the siding and get the powdery residue.

Reply to
Shcr