Cabinets smell bad

I just bought this old condo. It's built in 1964. All kitchen and bathroom cabinets smell so bad.
I sprayed them with bleach, then Mr.Clean sanitizer (the green ammoniac) but the smell is still there. I put a bowl of vinegar in each of the cabinet also but the smell is pretty stink.
Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
April
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 18:48:40 -0000, April wrote:

Hi April. What you have done should have eliminated most odors. Mr. Clean is a good cleaner to use for odor control. Can you remove the shelves? If the interior is wood, Murphy's oil soap is a good choice. Perhaps the cause of the odor needs some investigation. Do the cabinets feel damp? Is there a water leak somewhere? A broken sewer air vent? A dead animal in the walls?
<April> wrote in message

Is there any mold or mildew? I agree with Phiserman...there is something wrong. Have you asked neighbors if they have a smell? If you have done all of that and aired and dried them, there is something in the walls or maybe a bathroom vent is leaking.
I once had an awful smell in my house but just SOMETIMES. When I bought new countertops, we found a dead mouse on top of the dishwasher. I guess the heat and humidity rehydrated the poor little critter each time I used it. :-)
Thanks so much for all replies to my smelly cabinets. I appreciate all your advices/suggestions.