Brass cleaner

Does anyone know of a good brass cleaner? I bought Brasso but it's a mess to use. The fumes are toxic and it doesn't do a good job despite them.
Has anyone any luck with Wright's brass polish? I have some display items I have to clean.
Thanks.

Brass is messy to clean no matter what you use. I have had good luck with wadding type cleaners like this: http://www.polsteins.com/nevdulmagwad.html
On 3 May 2004 12:29:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ted) wrote:

I've used Brasso for many years and it does an excellent job on all my brass items. A small amount is all you need. Don't expect to polish lacquered brass. You can use disposable rubber gloves to prevent staining your skin.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ted) wrote:

acetate, zinc acetate, and water.
--
Best Regards,