Good enamel bath cleaner

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good bathroom cleaner for an enamel bath? I don't think the stuff they sell in Tescos hacks it - or does it - and I wondered whether the DIY sheds might sell something a tad stronger?

Thanks,

John.

Reply to
John Smith

What is it you are trying to clean off the bath? Contrary to what you might imagine, the enamel is easily damaged by stronger chemicals, and once the polished surface is damaged in this way, it's very much harder to keep clean.

Reply to
andrew

I've not tried it on baths, but my favorite cleaner of the moment is Hob Bright. It is a fine abrasive cleaner (gold plated Jif) which seems to work for most things i've thrown it at. It cleaned up my UPVC back door very nicely (which is more then the UPVC cleaner did!). If the surface has "gone" you've (the OP) nothing to lose by trying it, if not try it on an inconspicuous area first.

If you're just cleaning off one baths worth of muck from a good surface, i'd recommend Mr Muscle Bathroom Cleaner.

Reply to
zikkimalambo

T-Cut works well. How it works out price wise compared to 'proper' products, I've no idea. It's a mild abrasive designed to polish up dull paint on a car before waxing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If the surface is dulled from long term damage then you're looking at getting the polish back with varying grades of abrasives and a polishing mop.

Regular cleaning after that should involve more elbow grease than strong cleaners.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Biological clothes-washing liquid. Smear on neat and leave for a while, then rinse.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hand wash ones specifically warn they must not be used in an enamel bath. I would not take the absence of such a warning on machine wash powder to indicate they will be any safer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Tesco Bio powder says "do not use in an enamel bath for soaking"; my reading of that is that short term contact isn't a problem.

I hope not anyway...

Owain

Reply to
Owain