Bosch Fridge Freezing Up

Hi,

Anyone know the answer to this one before I waste my time testing everything else?

My parents have a 10 year old Bosch Fridge Freezer (Model KGU 3200) which has been otherwise reliable. The problem now is that the fridge compartment is freezing up. The temp is set to 6 degrees but the display goes to 1 degree and the contents are all freezing over. All the exit holes for draining water etc appear to be clear btw.

Any ideas?

Reply to
daddyfreddy

I suspect that if they inspect the back of the fridge they will find that the inner shell has been pierced somewhere. No matter how small that hole is, it causes the fridge compartment to freeze up. If that is, indeed, the case, and depending on the size of the hole, a spot of some kind of filler should do the trick. It worked for me! Good luck,

JD

Reply to
jd

Is is a single compressor system with the freezer section left on fast freeze? Is it a frost free system ?

Reply to
powerstation

JD, I'll look for any piercing. Cheers.

powerstation, it's a frost free freezer but the freezer is fine. It only has one compressor, yes.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

The fridge compartment thermostat might be broken. Give the dial ( if that's what you have ) a good number of twirls from one extreme to the other before resetting it to see if it improves its behaviour. If not, can you get at the thermostat by pulling the knob off? Some adjustment might be possible/fault apparent, but remember it may be live.

You can also try Googling to see if this problem has arisen before. Try all kinds of search word combinations and be prepared to trawl through a lot of irrelevant stuff though, and you might get lucky.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Cheers, Andy.

I thought of that but the fridge and freezer both use an external digital button panel to set the required termperature with an LED display for temperature. That leaves the temperature sensor in the fridge but again the LED is displaying the far lower temperature so I've ruled that out as well.

I've looked for any piercings as well but to no avail.

I've been told on a whitegoods forum by a service engineer that it is most likely the divertor valve which is stuck and isn't a cheap repair.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Try defrosting the appliance the diffuser may be frozen stuck

Reply to
powerstation