A likely tale

I wonder if this story about a snake in the washing machine is true? http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid 522282
Any relation to "our" Ranger?

Alas, not even distantly related. Clan Ranger is allergic to those extreme northern climes. I'm on the Left Coast (People's [DemoKratic] Republic of California), Northern Fiefdom.
The Ranger
The Ranger wrote:

Lovely! How nice to hear from you.

inconvenient moments (just not nearly so poorly used and abused). :)
ObTopic: Escaped reticulated python pets are becoming very common. If you notice Fluffy Long-hair or Jorge the Chihuahua missing, you might just check under your house for the culprit.
The Ranger
The Ranger wrote:

Mrs Bonk wrote:

By coincidence, the day before last I was telling the 6-year-old next door about the time a reticulated python sneaked up on our machine gunner. I couldn't shoot because it would have alerted the enemy. The boy had asked where I'd learned to pound the back of a knife blade to cut a watermelon. I told him my bayonet was dull and I had to pound it to cut the snake's head off.
This TV story, on the other hand, is not true. No python is 2.1 miles long. It couldn't get into the washer basket through a water supply or drain pipe.

brothers, but that's because we dress alike. Our relationship is a bromance.
E Z Peaces wrote:

Try taking more water with it dear.
Mrs Bonk wrote:

E Z Peaces wrote:

I could not abide to have soap left on me. Too drying for my delicate skin. When I was a child we ( my brother and I)were always sat on the draining board on an evening for a wash before supper and bed. I especially hated it when my mother soaped the flannel and did my legs, then a wait whilst my brother had his done and I would have to sit squirming until the soap was rinsed off. No showers back then, in fact I still do not have one. I prefer a bath with a hand held shower to rinse.

Recently I switched from Dial soap to Dial body wash (for Men). It leaves the skin less dry and has a light fragrance (if I had my way everything I use would be fragrance free). I prefer the hand-held shower heads too--much easier shower stall/body rinsing.
The best time to apply a skin lotion is after bathing. Years ago I took the advice of a doctor and used petroleum jelly (or vegetable shortening) on my skin after bathing during the winter months--guarantee you won't have dry rough skin any longer. A very small amount does the trick. It helps soften the calluses on my working hands/feet too.
Phisherman wrote:

I'll bet you couldn't sleep with a pea under your mattress.

Shania Twain and I use Bag Balm. It contains lanolin, which a paper presented at the 1888 convention of the American Pharmaceutical Association proved is an excellent antiseptic that penetrates skin better than petrolatum. (It's not sold locally, but my neighbor gave me the key to the shed where he keeps his supply.)