Latest threads in House Cleaningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Worlds most powerful Vacuum
Sucks up Coffee grounds to Aluminum Cans. Perfect for cleaning Theaters, Nightclubs etc. Check it out!

Do you know how many times you have to squeeze the soap out of a t-shirt, underwear and socks when you handwash them in the sink?
Thank you. Do you know approximately how many times to ring a size large T-shirt and how long to spend doing (as long as minute perhaps?)? And can you deduce by touch or sight whether enough soap has...
8
8

picking blackberries stain on shirt
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any simple ideas on how to remove please?
13
13

Anyone try it?? Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner
Can anyone say how this performs or doesn't perform??
1
1

Carpet Shampooer?
Does anyone know of a home carpet shampooer that does a good job? And another question, while I'm on this subject: I dropped the pencil sharpener in my study, and the lead shavings paid a really...
1
1

Cleaning toys?
Any idea on the best way to clean toys? I have, for starters, a fair sized box of Lego... It was in a cardboard box (I'd say it's about a 2' cubic box) and I dig this box out to find that...
10
10

Couch Cleaning
Hey, I have a khaki colored couch and it is beginning to look a little dirty. I wanted to clean it and then treat with Scotch Guard. Are there any suggestions on how to best clean the couch? The...
1
1

Bathtub / shower cleaning tool
Hi, I need some advice. I used to use Dow scrubbing bubbles along with Scotch Brite's shower & bath scrubber. The handle extended & locked in place (although not very well as it would sometimes...
1
1

Re: Please help
I agree.

How do I clean wax from a brick patio?
My friend had a citronella candle on his patio and the thing ended up getting so hot that it kind of burnt through the metal and all of the wax stained the cement. He got all of the excess wax...
1
1

QUESTION: Cleaning wool rugs with a cleaning machine and standard detergent
Hey, all. Just bought a Hoover Steamvac Duo carpet cleaner, and it seems to work a treat on my synthetic carpets. I'm wondering if this machine would be safe to use on wool carpeting as well? The...

Re: Good Toaster?
You might try on the internet. Should be a better selection. Donna
4
4

I think I might be a clutterer
I think I might be a clutterer. I watched "captured" last night on MSNBC and they showed the story about compulsive clutterers. I wasn't near as bad as the people hightlighted but I have to say I...
45
45

Wood Floor Cleaner
I am looking for recommendations for a hardwood floor cleaner (homade or storebought). I have tried vinegar and water and it still leaves streaks. This is regular oak 3/4" flooring not prefinished....
13
13

update to my "mopping issue". ;) happy ending...
ok. you might have been aware that i'm sort of Mop-centric. ;) i have wasted HOURS trying to find the right thing! i love my microfiber mop but wringing it has caused my hands to feel like a...
3
3