Mystery link for the adventurous

You have to ask yourself one question, punk - Do you feel lucky?

RicodJour

RicodJour wrote in news:08b16208-fe1e-4a9f-9219- snipped-for-privacy@v20g2000prl.googlegroups.com:

I had something similar at the back of my property - my sons built it nearly 20 years ago, between 3 ironbarks. The floor's still there - holding up the trees which have since died (ironbarks fairly short-lived). Another difficult problem to solve - I think we will just have to keep clear of the fall zone. Nice one for regulators - is a building in a tree an assessable structure? Have the proprietors got insurance?

Reply to
troppo

See

for a tree house used by a business.

-- Ron

Reply to
Ron Peterson

9-

Here in the US the term is *Attractive Nuisance* - will kids be drawn to it, and possibly injured? The answer is, Yes, and permission will be denied. When I was a kid everyone had something up in the trees on their property, today, hardly anybody does. I was 8 or so and I nailed some scrap 2x4's on the side of the tree, climbed up and nailed more, til I got to a decent branch. Then I nailed more scraps across 2 adjacent branches forming a platform, where I'd sit, and imagine......

Reply to
creative1986

"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v20g2000prl.googlegroups.com:

I guess you'd remember "adventure playgrounds" where kids were actually encouraged to do this stuff ...

Another item that's disappeared - playground equipment like rocker swings and 'witches hats'. Make sure you get off before the big kids turn up ... All banned now. Trend is self-sustaining; kids don't get to do anything a bit risky, they never acquire motor skills, problem gets worse, and virtual reality is no substitute.

Reply to
troppo

Book I'm reading now - Free Range Kids. Google it.

RicodJour

RicodJour wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w18g2000vbe.googlegroups.com:

Wel done Lenore Skenazy ... we don't have any grandchildren yet (as far as I know) but "life finds a way" so maybe I'll buy a copy. On the other hand, we both had a good head for heights until we had kids. They'd wait until we were looking their way, and then lean over the edge ...

Reply to
troppo

But there is no such thing as a life without risk. What they have done is traded risks. They eliminate the risk of injury due to physical activity and exacerbate the risk of injury due to lack of activity. Obesity, diabetes, heart disease and a plethora of other things. All day long I watch enormous sloths wander into the candy store almost incapable of lifting their waddles high enough to jam a gob of poisonous fructose into their disgusting maws. They are now caricatures of themselves, enslaved to the sedentary lifestyle that is killing them, while catering to their natural proclivity to laziness. They were born and raised this way.

Reply to
creative1986

Topic recently discovered - Froebels Gifts.

had a smart mom.

Reply to
creative1986

This punk would feel luckier over there, but beats a gun in my mug. Thanks for sharing.

Best wishes to all for better luck in 2011 and sooner.

Reply to
Warm Worm