How do you reward yourself?

Hi everyone,

Just finished my weekend project, a DIY rain barrel. It's not a major project, but it's worth the time and effort in making it. It would store an ample volume of water for the garden.

Now it's time to reward myself for the accomplishment. Will be spending time in the backyard grilling barbecue and drinking my beer.

How about you, how do you reward yourself after you've accomplished your DIY project?

Reply to
ownerbuilder2012

Grilling barbecue?

I grill steak, I grill hamburgers.

I make barbecue, also known as "pulled pork" but I never grilled it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I treat myself to a good steak dinner at my favorite restaurant. Let someone else do the cooking for a change.

Reply to
Steven L.

Where I come from barbecue is not "also known as pulled pork".

Pulled pork can certainly be made with barbecue sauce, but "barbecue" is not "pulled pork".

bar·be·cue /?bärbi?kyo?o/

Noun A meal or gathering at which meat, fish, or other food is cooked out of doors on a rack over an open fire or on a portable grill.

Verb Cook (meat, fish, or other food) on a barbecue.

Synonyms noun. grill verb. grill - broil - roast

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You can use a grill be it portable or fixed, but it must use wood or charcoal. Gas is not barbecue unless you make smoke. You can add some some form of sauce, but that does not make it barbecue. You pull the pork after it's barbecued.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Heathen! ! ! :)

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

With a quick trip to the ER to get patched up.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Thought for a couple days, and nothing came to mind. For me, a good job is its own reward.

.

Hi everyone,

Just finished my weekend project, a DIY rain barrel. It's not a major project, but it's worth the time and effort in making it. It would store an ample volume of water for the garden.

Now it's time to reward myself for the accomplishment. Will be spending time in the backyard grilling barbecue and drinking my beer.

How about you, how do you reward yourself after you've accomplished your DIY project?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I scratch is off of my list. And when my list is "in check", I am more at peace with the world... Occasionally, I take pictures! : )

Reply to
Bill

Go to the nearest truck stop and get a massage with a happy ending.

Reply to
Moe Gasser

You mean the Venereal Diseases R Us department?

.

Go to the nearest truck stop and get a massage with a happy ending.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I rush to alt.home.repair to see how many idiots have mistaken it for Facebook. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

It's more a matter of how does the wife reward me.

Michael Lal> Hi everyone,

Reply to
gourmetking015

ownerbuilder2012 wrote the following on 9/28/2012 11:33 PM (ET):

Watch it do what I built it for.

Reply to
willshak

Grab your jesus cross off the wall. Pull off his pants and suck real hard........

*YOU* will find that real rewarding.
Reply to
zliorgnnty