Christopher Egan

Jeez. I regret to have never made his acquaintance. BTW, I chafe when non-professionals presume to tell anyone what professionalism is. "It's so.... unprofessional!"

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Wow. Plus ca change...!

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Can we stop with this stuff for this post at the very least, please. I'm asking nicely. Thank you.

Reply to
Edgar

I was referring to the both of you, and every person in this NG.

Forget it, do as you wish.

Reply to
Edgar

Often, but not always. Most architects in this jurisdiction work in very small firms with very little support from non-pro's. A very large minority need nothing but a printer, and a courier.

Spout off? Anybody can spout off about just about anything in our system. My point is the they do not *decide* what it is. That's done through regulation. When you are found to be unprofessional your name usually ends up published somewhere....you might also be stripped of your standing.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I had forgotten about ghost sniper. Was that the kid in Seattle who kept harping about sprawl?

Seems ot me that THE DOOGS!!! got to Chris once or twice too. Whatever happened tothat guy? Is he at Gitmo?

And where's brudgers? Oh wait, I know, but I ain't tellin'!

And oh, BTW, I'm not dead yet.

Nice to see some of the old names. Even ones I've had battles with... some dating back to the turn of the century.

Of course, Don is like a cockroach, this forum will never get rid of him.

Lucky Pierre, Ken, The Multi-dimensional Piranha, Soup, er, Rico DuJour

Master architect who takes more vacations than one man should be allowed, Sir Fritz.

As for those battles, Edgar, we got into something about schools or arch education I think. And was it Dezignare that thinks all states should license ID's?

Chris weighed in on a lot of things back when this forum was more relevant. I remember a lot of back and forth with Marcello. Those guys could go on about all that history and theory stuff for days.

But mostly I remember how he could handle me. I gave him shit at times just because he was too nice. We had disagreements but he had a knack for reading the inflection in my writing without my having to resort to emoticons. It's a skill that most of the youngsters do not possess and it's so fun to see panties get wadded up.

What pissed me off about Chris was that, for the most part, he put up with fools -- sometimes by ignoring them.

It pissed me off because I haven't the strength.

Sometimes I think that I want to be like Chris when I grow up.

Reply to
JD

How long before you threw the ball back onto the field?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Galina, you don't know enough to go there. "Primum non nocere."

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

No one's ever complained before...

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Groups are what their members make them. I still prefer the fact that there's no "baby-sitter" here as such. (You have your own if/when you want to use it [not that it necessarily works very well, or that your actions don't somehow belie your apparent use of it ;] )

On forums with "net-nannies", people drop off, too. I've spoken more about this on here before if you want to do a search.

Frankly, Don appears to be off his rocker sometimes, but then, who doesn't? ;)

"Too bad she won't live... But then again, who does?"

--Bladerunner

To Chris:

Warm Worm

Great story. Office dogs keep things in perspective, so to speak. They lower the blood pressure despite deadlines. They remind you to get up once in a while to take a walk.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"JD" wrote in news:UDtkj.36718$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

THis is a sad day. I just read about two deaths.

I always enjoyed Chris' writings. Yikes...

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Pierre Levesque" wrote in news:Xz1mj.6125$5h6.5824@trndny09:

Is thre any collection of his writings? I seem to recall he'd written a book or two; I cna check that, but does anyone know of anything else? He had a great many intrersting and IMO excellent thoughts, and expressed them very well and often beautifully...

Reply to
Kris Krieger
++ wrote in news:aKGdnbvzf9QMxADanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

Nothing worng with persistence *if* the person realizes what exactly is going on, and recognizes one's limitations. Odds are, tho', that the fellow didn't...

Reply to
Kris Krieger