Abandoned Buildings and Houses

I've been looking at some images of them here and there and thought that they might make good sources of building materials, even reno's in their own right. This is not really a post for an answer, just a shared mull. To acquire the materials, I suppose I'd have to find the owners, look up the registries.

Old Mill reno: http://freshome.com/2011/06/01/exquisite-interior-design-within-a-12th-century-oil-mill/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreshInspirationForYourHome+%28Fresh+Inspiration+for+Your+Home%29

Strange effect in the bathroom image. Looks like the trap under the basin has let go :-)

Yes, that caught my attention too. Fortunately, as you can see, there's a small hole in the edge of the smaller, overflow suitcase.
I also figured that Rico (et al.) might also appreciate the overhead brickwork.

Yes, that caught my attention too. Fortunately, as you can see, there's a small hole in the edge of the smaller, overflow suitcase.
I also figured that Rico (et al.) might also appreciate the overhead brickwork.

Such materials are readily available almost everywhere. Just take a drive around, locate a dilapidated out-building, and ask. As in all real estate, location is everything. Unless it's a real find, there's little point in dismantling a framed house, shipping the materials a distance, cleaning up the materials and reusing them. Or unless there's free labor on hand. Have you thought about becoming Mormon or Quaker? ;)

That's a reflection on the lacquer/shellac finish on the suitcase, and the thing on top is a brush, not a bottle.

It's Rico dJour, not Rico Et Al. I don't even know an Et Al. :)~

HA! And the drain water is pouring over the bottle of wine in that wooden bucket.

I would leave most of the paintings. Maybe an old fashioned graphite architectural drawing on one wall.

I meant; 'leave most of the painting out.'.

One of my favourites: http://www.franklinazzi.com/dotclear/index.php?yport
Clean, crisp, cultured, cozy.
Normandie, France... but of course. ;)