I've been called Guvnor - at last, my rightfull title

Called Machine Mart today (1st time ever).

"Hang on a bit Guvnor", I'll gosee"!

Makes a change from Sir, Mate, Cobber, boss. Uthere and , anyway :-)

I would like to collect the "Oh mighty allseeing one", but not too optimistic there.

Reply to
dave

He meant something that spins in circles with its balls round its middle.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm waiting for a 'you were right and I was wrong' from SWMBO.........................

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How can something have "balls around it's middle"? Nice visualization though.

Reply to
dave

I hope you are holding your breath whilst you wait - it may be a long time coming.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Reply to
Grunff

WHy should she lie?

Reply to
Gully Foyle

Why can something not have balls around its middle?

Reply to
Rob Morley

When I call such places they call me "Sir".

All insults taken as compliments from some sources :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I say that a lot, followed by "... as you so often are ... "

Think about it but not so hard that it hurts.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Is that because of the beard or the deep voice? ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

See below.

I imagine it's because they're male and they can't imagine that a woman could have even heard of a widget, much less understand its application. It amuses me to tell them to call me Madam and hear them grovelling and trying to excuse themselves.

Mary all woman

Reply to
Mary Fisher