Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

structural stress and thermal stress in combine
i don't know whether this is right. currently, fem software use coupled structural stress and thermal stress to retain stresses and displacement by the same stiffness matrix. that means the...

Drill-Powered Bike
(Brought to you by the Google Groups-posting verification "word", 'plycho'.) The National Hardware Show is filled with zaniness. See more of it at thisoldhouse.com

Exterior view on interior window
Hi all. I have reasons to have some bedrooms entirely inside a house. That is, all the walls are interior. However, I would still like to be able to enjoy the outdoor scene. Have people used mirrors...
3
3

FA Old Cinema architecture Art Deco building
Old Cinemas by Allen Eyles ,VGC,32 pages. One of the excellent Shire series of collector books ,with the usual mix of well written text and quality pictures. Google Groups allows you to create and...

Civil Engineering Horizon
Civil Engineering Horizon is an online journal of civil engineering. It is inviting papers for publication. civil engineering horizon is online continuously published journal and magazine to share...

Loews, Costco etc building type details
looking for PLANS/sections/details of some typical big box type of buildings. Vector Works or AutoCad formats ok. Height, column spacing, column/beam connections, roofing, HVAC. WALL SECTIONS esp....
7
7

Any good guidelines for house design?
I want to see something that shows good livability. -- Ron
42
42

Salone Del Mobile-Milano
Offer valid only for the period of "salone del mobile" My apartment in the centre of milan, on Corso Sempione, 25min walk to the main cathedral, tram lines, good position indeed...2 rooms with...

Does anybody know Cityscape Show?
Hello, every architects, might someone tell me about the cityscape show? Our company is a supplier of rendering and animation based in China. we want to explore the oversea market furtherly. And...
1
1

Speaking of uber Treehouses
3
3

Bridges
Hi I thought about the bridges, which type of them is the most astonishing? For me, this are Suspension Bridges. What do you thing? Marta
10
10

Who was it that was interested in shipping container architecture?
There are a number of models of them in Google SketchUp's 3D Warehouse.
3
3

Re: Real Estate Agents (REA's)...junk
Only used one one time and I have a mixed reaction. First, *she* needed a swift kick in the ass to get jumpstarted which I should have done right away, but didn't. Initially I let her do her thing...

The Other Squatters (was: Real Estate Agents (REA's)...junk)
Makes sense and good post, I was going to post something similar. What other methods are you aware of to track down real estate? Gov't depts? A concern I have is how, apparently, developers...
6
6

Tree house restaurant
I like it!