Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A Q for the college grads
"Over and out" - I'm finished what I'm saying and I'll shut up now. "Above and beyond" - More than was expected. "Over" = "higher than" = "above." "Out" - to pass through a boundary and leave an...
8
8

2 Monitors?
Plumbing and plumbing labels? That's how they showed us in school. That's not how this office works (for what that's worth) and doesn't seem to be how Don works. I've no clue what my pref is.
11
11

Shingles
All the US shingle manufacturers I know are giving a 20-year warranty on their basic generic shingles. It should mean a properly installed shingle roof should last at least 25 years. Then, read Don...
7
7

Architecture in St Petersburg and in the Ukraine
You can check out this site, it shows 1966 images of Leningrad /St Petersburg buildings and streets http://www.funet.fi/pub/culture/russian/images/Leningrad/Leningrad.html...
2
2

How to configure baseboards for stairs?
You don't typically configure the baseboard around the treads and risers. At the top you would stop at the door frame. Bottom dies into the first riser. Another way it's done is a notched finish...
1
1

Property surrounded by two story houses - solution?
"orangetrader" <> wrote in news: I don't think I ever got back to you, sorry =:-( Things here got crazy a bit suddenly... There is a book I'll be ordering that deals specifically with landscaping in...
5
5

Would something like this work...?
There is a program called "Pepakura" that will take a model in *.OBJ format and project it into a form that can be printed, then cut out and assembled. But the model has to be fairly "clean" (no...
26
26