Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ACQUA LIANA
And it's TRIPLE GREEN too! Treehouse Notes - Frank Mckinney

Online magazines - on topic ones, too!
For example: Canadian Architect the search for "architecture" nifty! R http://issuu.com/architects_choice/docs/september2009and http://issuu.com/glaciermedia/docs/cdanov09and Find magazines, catalogs...
2
2

Magazine Architecture: My Architectural Paradigm Shift
You're not supposed to. That's what makes people different. Some unlikely things seem to be related sometimes, so I like to mention them for the sake of perspective. Who's Mr. Spook? Do you mean Mr....
15
15

House-Design Notes
This house is bilaterally symmetrical and as such can easily be turned into 2 separate apartments with some simple mods. Nevertheless, it can also function as two semiprivate suites given its separate...
73
73

GDP
Is this like a market-focused culture? If so, that seems like the wrong way to go about people/society/earth. Sure, we could use 'products and services', but they don't seem central to our existence,...
19
19

Brand new architecture-firm
I don't know wether or not this is the right place, but since it's an architecture-group i figured i'd go for it. You're all very welcome to visit our site at We're doing both traditional design and...

Should I buy this?
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1552884188.html
2
2

3D Solid Modeling and 3D Modeling Animation for Mechanical Models
Our 3D modeling services provide solutions with all phases of your project of mechanical models. 3D models are available in a number of common native and generic file formats by using latest...

desiging for a Haiti scale earthquake
While is it tragic what happened in Haiti I am wondering if a building could even be effectively designed to withstand the magnitude of the Haiti earthquake......... in-otherwords would say the Calf....
48
48

Roller shutters
Hello, Not sure this is the right place, but I hope so. Our architect is designing our family house according to my requests. We live in Finland, where the recommendations and directives for...
12
12

Standard width washing / dryer machine
Hi I'm currently drawing a plan for my basement. I would like to know the standard width to put a washing machine and a dryer machine next to each other. Will 56 inches wide be enough? Thank you!
5
5

Free calculators
New calculators for Building Code (IBC & CBC) area and height limitations and Plumbing Fixtures at: http://www.ara4help.com

Re: Preliminary house plans.
On 09 Jan 2010, Ken S. Tucker wrote First thought: not a lot of bathrooms -- most new designs I see seem to give each bedroom their own ensuite. (And no dedicated toilet for the party/pool/games...
10
10

Are high-rise condo buildings economical to build?
Or do they only work where land is expensive? -- Ron
1
1

Design Notes
I thought I'd take the convo out from under the misleading subject- heading of Chinese Drywall, despite the built-in threaded-ironies re. industrial vs natural building. In what context? What about...