Subject Author Posted Replies

Is there a database of wood prices anywhere?
I have been using this horribly outdated software from Broderbound to design buildings because I can get a quantity report from it. For most of the stuff it even has general prices (although most of...
10
10

Fence clamp
Has anyone tried one of these? simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially if it's only needed for the width of...
7
7

What is the tool for burning words or designs into wood?
I need to mark an important wooden piece of personal keepsake. I know my Dad used to have a heated tool that "burnishes" letters, numbers, etc. in wood. Thanks, Robbielynn
19
19

Any ideas for installing a router into a mobile workbench?
I have a mobile workbench I made, approx. 3' x 4', on wheels and would like to install a router underneath. Does anyone know of a conversion kit or similar I could buy to install? Maybe it would be...
10
10

Re: Celtic Piano Music Stand
It looks really nice, but short. My average music book is 12" tall and some are taller. Nothing worse than the top half of your book flopping away from you when you're playing. And very often I need...
2
2

On-Topic But Potentially Questionable Content?
Forgive me if this is inappropriate... I don't think it is, but some folks are sensitive to anything that looks like a sales pitch and rightfully so... Most folks here have been watching as I learn...

10 versus 14 degree dovetails
hello, what is the difference between 10 and 14 degree dovetails (appart from the angle), why choose one rather than the other? I am asking because I just discovered that my dovetail bit (Woodcraft $5...
4
4

What is it? CXCIX
This week's set has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
23
23

INSPIRATION - Chain
Ya just gotta love google. Was looking for info on water craft. JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan World Record for the Longest Wooden Chain
1
1

stuck set screw
I am sure this has a simple answer Was tuning up my band saw and adjusting motor pulley, which uses a set screw. Guess I turned it too tight, rounded off the allen wrench and now it just turns. It is...
16
16

OT: I often wonder Part Deux.
A client of mine, recently purchased a 45-ft converted bus. It is 23 years old and in immaculate condition. I will be installing a few Corian goodies for him. Something like that, these days, would...
7
7

SHAKER LAP DESK - PDF
is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://www.ibiblio.org/twa/plans/plans/shakerlapdesk.pdfJOATWhat

LAP DESK
It's so basic I don't see why anyone would need plans, but here they are. JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan
1
1

FLAG CASE
What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 160 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...