Craftsman 3D Sander on sale for 10 bucks today only

If anyone's been thinking about trying one of those, I noticed on the Sears site just now that they're on sale for under 10 bucks today (9/29/07) only.

At that price I may just go pick one up--for ten bucks how bad can it be?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Sounds overpriced.

Everytime I ask myself "how bad can it be", I get an answer. It's never the right one.

jc

Reply to
Joe

I bought a Ryobi a couple years ago, on sale for $9 at Home Depot. I heard they weren't much good, but figured for the price...

Totally worthless. Vibrates in your hand real nice, but doesn't transfer much if any motion to the sandpaper. Most of it's sanding seems to come from moving the machine back and forth versus it's effort.

Bill

Reply to
BillB

$10 sounds cheap until you consider the gas you burn going to get it.

Reply to
Leon

Save your 10 bucks. This is quite possibly the most worthless tool ever made. I one got one for free so this is not quite as drastic as it would be for a tool that was bought and paid for, but it is the only still-functioning tool I have ever just thrown in the trash.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

It uses special sanding disks and follows the Gillette business model (or Epson if you want to be modern):

Give away the razor and sell the blades.

Reply to
HeyBub

I got one of their packs of many disks at practically nothing when the local

Sears Hardware store closed. I think it will be a lifetime supply considering

how little value there is in the tool. I actually tried it for sanding the hull of a wooden ship model - not heavy duty sanding and should have been the right tool given the curved surfaces. Had the disks (the plastic piece - not the sandpaper) pop off. Went back to hand sanding. SAve the $10 John

Reply to
John Siegel