Subject Author Posted Replies

Biscuit joiner question
I have a weird situation with an window extension jamb. The extension jamb is a pre-built frame that goes all the way around the window. I cannot remove the extension jamb frame, but I want to install...
4
4

Phenolic or Aluminum for router plate?
I made my last Plexiglass router plate yesterday... So now I need to buy a router plate, but what to get? When I was at Rockler last week I checked out the router lift they had on display for my...
15
15

Review - Triton T8SH Wetstone Sharpener - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all. Happy New Year! Just finished a review of the Triton T8SH Wetstone Grinder (kind of a Tormek clone). You can read the review online at it helps! The Triton MK3 and Workcentre saws have been an...

Re-japaning
I've found a few Stanley Baily planes (#3 and #4 - Type 16 i believe), and I'm going to clean them up. I understand that many collectors are against refinishing the original japaning. However one...
12
12

putting door in tilted wall
I am finishing a room in my basement and one of the walls in which I'm going to put a door is fairly significantly out of plumb such that if the door frame were placed to line up evenly with the...
13
13

Pegboard gloat
I was adding a pegboard to my workshop, and bought some long hooks, etc for about 80 cents each at HD. I then when to another HW store, and they had replaced all of the plain metal hooks with ones...

Looking for opinions of Benchtop mortisers
I am a relative novice, but really enjoy woodworking and more specifically making mission style tables and such. Working in redoak 100% of the time, and until now using biscutes, dowels and screws for...
20
20

Happy 20th, Nahm
Different brands... There is no $20000 Lexus, and there's no $80000 Toyota.
59
59

Cutting Board / Slides.. Help.
I have to replace a cutting board and would like to put it on rolling slides. The cutting board is currently mounted above a drawer and is 3/4" deep. Currently it slides - sometimes kinda slides - in...
2
2

Ping Robatoy
"Titebond, all flavours, can be had at Busy Bee and Cabinetmart in London ON." Does this mean you are somewhere near London? If so, how about getting together at Timmies for a coffee? P D Q
8
8

FWW #195 - Teague's long workbench
just wondering how Teague may have assembled his L-shaped bench along the walls. He says it's just 2 sheets of ply for the top afixed to 3/4" plywood panels to support it. Does that give enough...
2
2

best wood for stair treads
Hi, i'm looking to hardwood my stair treads and not sure what type of wood to use. The floors i have are a honey colored birch and i was told, after the fact, the birch is a soft wood and not suitable...
15
15

Arrrg...WARP!
My wife wanted a sink in her laundry room. OK, NP...I made lower and upper cabinets, made and fitted the doors in my shop, all was well. I then removed the doors, brought the cabinets inside and we...
9
9

Stackable sawhorses
A little while back, someone posted a link to stackable sawhorses. Could you re-post? Thanks, S.
4
4

Woodworking and vintage travel trailers
I have been woodworking for 30 years and have indulged in other hobbies along the way. Some woodworking based and some not. My hobby for the last 5 or 6 years has involved vintage travel trailers...
3
3