Subject Author Posted Replies

You guys were right and a question! (HandPlane)
Welp, I have been playing with my new (first) handplane a Veritas Smooth Plane (#4). Wow! I am really surprised how fun it is to use. I caught myself smiling a few times as I shwooshed off very thin...
10
10

duck decoy prices
This month's Woodshop News has a feature on collectible duck decoys. They have two photos of decoys by Elmer Crowell. One recently sold for over a million dollars. The other dosn't hv avalue listed,...
4
4

Titebond in Canada?
I stopped in HD to buy some waterproof glue for a project, I had some Titebond in mind, but they did not carry it. They had the Monkey glue but it was some horrible price for 2 oz. They also had...
6
6

Newbie Question on Cabinet Overlay
Among the dumbest things I've ever said to my wife (and there are many), without question the dumbest was "No sweat, honey, I'll make the cabinets for the new house and we'll save a bundle." As a...
8
8

Shop Heat Update
Posted the other day about my Mr Buddy heater for my shop. Today was the first I'd even used it for several days, and the longest I've used it so far. Unfortunately I forgot to check the exact tem pin...
18
18

A basic wood working project, I hope.
Hi All, I've got some basic questions about a project I plan on starting in the next couple of weeks. I plan to build a small case, similar to a clock case. The front will have a few shapes cut out of...
3
3

OT: Looking for PT Help in NJ - 07946
Looking for someone who has enough mechanical experience to drill and tap holes down to 4-40 in metal for an example... But who would be willing to perform those duties as well as light assembly or...

Doll Cradle pictures
I suggest that you take a good look at a reason why a grown man just can't find the doll cradle he likes. I could understand it if it where for a child or a request from a child for her doll,...
25
25

Choosing a grinder
I've been in that place too, and it's not fun. I ended up using coarse sandpaper to take a nick out of a plane iron once, and vowed never again. I don't have a lot of space either, but I suspect I...
27
27

T shaped filler for osb gap?
Hey guys, May be you can help me out. I am putting up some osb as a shop ceiling. The joists arnt on 4 ft or 8 ft centers. Is there some type of t shaped filler material that could be pushed up...
5
5

How I saw my Competions PPC Campaign
what in the world is going on these days in the world of advertising? I didn't know to go with print advertising or online? So at the end of the day I decided to go with SEO. They let me know about...

Glazing cherry
cherry glazing on top of a smoked pork chop is most excellent. ross
10
10

Shop Lighting - Fluorescent bulb with warning sticker won't work
Yes, they are T12 bulbs, in a fixture meant for T12 bulbs. They physically fit just fine. That's why I'm so confused. I'm going to call up a lighting company with a big web site and see if they have...
7
7

Woodworking Show near Baltimore this weekend
Hey All, The annual woodworkers show is going to be at Timonium (it rhymes with plutonium) Maryland this weekend. Just wanted to let some of you know if you didn't already. Marc
14
14

OT: Huckabee, Ughh
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I know this is a typo, but this gave me a big chuckle in this very heated debating context.
252
252