Makita LS1013FL: first impressions

Thought I'd pass this on in case anyone was interested. Just got this as a refurb from Tyler tool. It was $379 with $7 shipping. I thought that was a pretty sweet deal. Showed up Friday and it looks brand new, not a scratch on it. NO setup required, NONE! Perfectly square right out of the box. The only thing I have to complain about is that the holders (supports for horizontal stock) were not in the box. I'm assuming this was a mistake at the factory and hopefully Tyler will ship them to me at no cost. This thing cuts like butter. Cut through some 3/4" maple, poplar, pine. Being able to go through a 1x10 is fantastic. Don't know how I lived without a SCMS this long. The table on this thing is huge, which is one of the reasons I got it. Love the action on the miter table, and the positive stops on the bevels are great. My old CMS had no positive bevel stops. As mentioned by everyone else, so it's no surprise, I don't really see myself using the laser, or the lamp, and the dust collection is horrible. All of which I am perfectly happy with considering the quality and performance of the tool. The only thing I wish they would have added was the optional vertical hold down. I'll probably order one this week.

Next on my list is the Incra 5000. ONce I get that I'll have all my cross cutting issues resolved.

Thanks for listening.

Chris

Reply to
cbodnar

I guess that tool is a case of whatever floats your boat. It cuts great and presumably the angles are repeatable. You also paid for useless stuff (laser, lamp). Too me the killer would be the lack of dust collection. All that said, enjoy your new toy. (wish I had one...) mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn