Subject Author Posted Replies

Fantastic wood sculpture
Here's some fantastic wood sculpture: pencils are mostly wood no? MJ Wallace I was recently fortunate to be in touch with artist Jennifer Maester, who for a number of years has mesmerized us with her...
2
2

Advice on cordless drill
I have about $100 and am looking at reconditioned Makita's. Any thoughts on these two: Makita Factory-Reconditioned 14.4V Cordless MXT(tm) 1/2" 3-Speed Driver- Drill Kit (6339) Factory-Reconditioned...
11
11

Workbench Lumber
If you are in someplace like SoCal, then wait for it to quit raining, then sticker it outside exposed to the sun for a few weeks. Will also work in colder climates, just take longer. Lew
50
50

WOW! Part III
Is that me you are referring too? Marc Rosen
3
3

Re: Stud Finders. Do any of 'em work?
I have had a Zircon cheapie for 20 years. It finds lots of stuff. Just a row of LED's none of this LCD crap. One thing that is wrong with it is that it doesn't know if it is a stud or a pocket door...
3
3

cool project
Discover - Lee Valley Tools
7
7

Octagon?
J.O.A.T. is the Octagon master, ping him and hope he's in a good mood.. Ok, hope he's in a "better than usual" mood.. mac Please remove splinters before emailing
22
22

Air Filtration Unit for Cellar Workshop
This one is supposed to be on sale at Rockler. http://tinyurl.com/2hqzjyMax
8
8

Ping Mark Rosen,
Hello Leon, You're welcome. I should have also mentioned that I use my Rotex in my house for sanding the beams (log home, pine walls, not a spec of drywall anyhwere) and I'm amazed as to how little...
14
14

Manufacturer and Builder magazine 1869 through 1894
hey, at least it's on topic.... via metafilter.

WOW! PART II Crazy WoodworkingMagazine wrter steps quarely in it.
I guess what is so upsetting is that someone WILL try this. Somebody with limited experience, trying to learn and teach him/herself, and relying on the fact that the article is printed in a...
25
25

Rules of Thumb
Best one is to still have two.. mac Please remove splinters before emailing
23
23

Cherry Burl
Thu, Jan 24, 2008, 3:55am (EST-3) doth wishfully query: Wish I could use it now. How do you avoid sticker problems? No prob. You buy - better yet, make - a big ass wood lathe, then turn 'em, green. No...
4
4

What is it? CCXVI
"Leon" wrote But that would make it easy then, wouldn't it? R.H. couldn't have that.
14
14

Purchasing a new ROS
Absolutely correct and that is why I do have a a square finish and detail sander for the corners. But the 5" will be easier to balance when sanding the edge of 3/4" thick stock, which I very often do...
29
29