Subject Author Posted Replies

1 of 2 router issue questions
Hello Group, I have two router issue questions and will post the second question after this. Okay, I want to shape the legs of my cherry chairs using a pattern bit and template. The stock is 1&1/2...
8
8

Hollywood Handymen
Article from This Old House website: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20179223,00.htmlB.

depth collar setting on a pocket hole bit
I have a kreg pocket hole jig and bit. I set the deph collar as they specify. However, the tip of the drill bit does not go all the way through. In other words, the screw must go through some wood...
5
5

Leveling Waterstones?
I have a Norton 1000/4000 waterstone that I use mainly for plane irons but also for chisels. Eventually I will need to level it. What do you use to level waterstones? I have a 11-1/2" diamond grit...
24
24

Question about the Rockler Tenoning Jig
On this heavy-duty jig, there are little wheels screwed to the guide bar under the jig that are wider than the 3/4 inch groove on the saw table. Am I supposed to take these off (I wonder if they make...
3
3

Jointer problems?
Hi: I had purchased a 8" king jointer. Now I'm not 100 % sure why I'm having problems in getting a flat surface when ever I face joint or edge joint some wood. I do believe that the knies have been...
3
3

More shop-made aids
Had a need for a couple roller stands. Looked in the Rockler catalog and they wanted abour $80.00. Harbor Freight wanted $30.00. I picked up eight 2" castors and a 2X4 Doug fir stud and made myself...
9
9

Tropical American Tree Farms
Investments with this company should be considered high risk, at the least. There is no record of anyone getting any returns from them, despite what they say.
3
3

questionable investment
I have been invested for many years and have not seen any return. To read what the website and the owner says make me sick. I fear investors will never get their money back.
2
2

Moisture content for low RH home?
I'm building a big library for a client who keeps his home in the winter at 20-25% relative humidity (RH). In the summer he says it's around 50% -- which is fine -- but will I run into problems if I...
7
7

What is it? CCXXI
This week I know only one of them for sure, though I have some ideas on a couple of the others, hopefully we will get all of them identified: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
17
17

Mortise marking
Hi group, I have been doing woodworking for a few years now but I am about to do my first serious mortise and tenon joints on a set of three nesting tables. I have watched Norm do these a lot but I...
29
29

Tin snips are tools used to cut thin sheet metal.
Tin snips are tools used to cut thin sheet metal. snips are tools used to cut thin sheet metal. They use the same principles as common scissors, but are able to handle thicker and harder material....
39
39

Drawer Slides
I need to replace some of the drawer slides in my kitchen cabinets, the original ones were el cheapos. I am planning on using Accuride full extension slides, unless someone knows of better ones. This...
4
4

O/T: I Would Not Do This
Grandpa, a friend, who worked away from home all week, always made a special effort with his family on the weekends. Every Sunday morning he would take his 7-year old granddaughter out for a drive in...
1
1