Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Cad software
This has been discussed and cussed before. Have used Sketch Up, but find it a little lacking, (operator error???) Google gives too many options, when your not sure what your looking at. I've used...
16
16

O/T: Best Living Will
ENJOY!!!!!!!!! Lew ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The Best Living Will I've Seen I, MAXINE , being of sound mind and body, do not wish to be kept alive indefinitely by...
2
2

Moisture meters
Thinking that with all of the lumber I've acquired over the years from individuals, I have no real way of knowing how dry the wood is. So, this weekend coming, Woodcraft is having a sale. I think it's...
19
19

GUN CABINET
I am building gun cabinet. I was wondering if I could glue the shelves into the cabinet. It is a corner cabinet, the two sides facing the walls are plywood,the front sides are oak face frames with...
3
3

Which drawing program for signs??
Hi, I just received Jim Bartz's DVD on routing signs. In it he uses a drawing program that allows multiple fonts, large size work to be printed out on a homeprinter in tile mode to be later taped...
9
9

What stain to use?
Last year my daughter moved to Phoenix and we purchased a used table and chair set. When the dealer delivered the table, he used a stain? oil? finish on minor dings on the chair legs and covered the...
3
3

ISP Test - Pls Ignore this post
For some unknown reason, which I do NOT appreciate, my ISP seems to be leaving this group out of its Usenet feed. This is a test to see if my own posting will come thru. Axel
5
5

Placing Molding Seams?
My new kitchen has 2 sets of molding for the wall cabinets...a 7" vertical board to cover most of the space between the top of the cab and the ceiling, and crown molding on top of that. One wall is...
6
6

What finish for my homemade mallet?
Howdy all, I just finished my first attempt at a wooden mallet (round head) to occasionally use around my shop. Its nothing fancy, mainly for utility - I'm thinking I'll use it mostly for assembly and...
4
4

Common lumber sizes?
Can anyone point me to a website that would have a list of common lumber sizes? I'm thinking about making a basic woodworking bench and I'd like to compare common lumber sizes to various plans. Being...
1
1

suggestions for removing rust from a stanley handplane from the 50's?
I'd like to clean up an old stanley (only sentimental value, no $ value) handplane. I've flattened the sides and sole, refinished the handles, and squared the blade so far. Before I sharpen the blade...
13
13

grinding wheel clogged up
HI All, I used my benchgrinder (probably stupid) to shape a piece of wood i needed to fit a precise shape. Now the wheel is shiny and smooth probably with the wood itself. Is there anyway I can get...
8
8

wood flute
I'm looking for some info and insight to making wooden flutes. I've done my fair share of woodworking over the years, and my nephew (8 yrs old) has recently been joining me in the basement to watch...
6
6

Jet Mini Lathe Tool Rest
My Jet mini lathe, with the bed extension, came with a 6" tool rest. Is there a longer one -- ten inch or so -- available that fits this lathe properly? If so, where can I find it? Jim Stuyck
8
8

OT. doing set up
is rigamortise a set up for excepting a tenon? ross
10
10