Tenoning jig recommendations

I'm looking to buy a tenoning jig for my table saw. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to look for / buy / or stay away from?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
SteveH

Have you considered making your own?

Garage_Woodworks

I vote for none of the above. I have a Delta, but since I got a dado blade I never us it any more.

I set up a stop block on the fence, set the dado blade to the correct height and in about two passes per side I have a perfect tenon.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I too never understood the attraction of the expensive tennoning jig... They might make a good paper weight.?. :)

Reply to
Garage_Woodworks

Ditto.

No jig here, either. I sold my Delta during a periodic "shop decluttering"..

**
**

B A R R Y

I have a Delta for my contractor saw.

It's a pain in the wazoo to set up and is in the way the rest of the time.

A good dado set and stop blocks are "much" quicker and work just as well.

SteveH wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

This is intended for SteveH

Have you considered buying a tenon cutting router bit? They can be adjusted to cut different standard thickness tenons very accurately and reference off of only one edge of the board (which a saw tenon fixture doesn't). I don't own one, but thought they were a very good idea when I first saw one. I would buy one of these before I invested in a table saw tenon fixture.

Charley

Reply to
Charley