Subject Author Posted Replies

Tips on Cutting Miter Slots on Outfeed Table?
make a stick of wood that is nice and straight, a tight fit in your slot and maybe 3 feet long. install the outfeed table where it's going to go and slip the stick you made into one of the slots so it...
7
7

Reasons for not using cedar in furniture
Was curious as to some opinions about using cedar to make furniture. I was taught that it wasn't generally a good idea, but I wanted some other opinions and/or concurrence. I don't really remember the...
7
7

New Yankee Workshop
I caught the show about his new workshop hutch. As he was going through the items on the old hutch, he mentioned that he only stocks 5 or 6 different woodscrews. Anybody know what sizes he would keep?...
15
15

Shellac Finishing
I'm planning on putting three coats of blonde shellac on a Huntboard table. How many coats are needed for the inside areas of the table (cabinet and drawers) areas? Is one coat enough for the insides...
24
24

Let me try this question here
Have any of you had an occasion to join two 2.0 or 3.0 electric cables together? If so, what did you use to clamp them together with? Some kind of (really, really big) crimper, or a clamp, twist tie...
8
8

Interior door construction
I'm interesting in building some interior doors and have two concerns. First, the plans I've got show the kickplate (bottom-most rail) at 9" wide and secured with dowels (as well as with glue, I...
8
8

tin says to use a synthetic brush
I'm using some Ronseal diamond hard satin clear 'water based' varnish on a table top. It says on the tin to use a *synthetic filament * brush, which is annoying, since all my brushes are bristle....
6
6

Earlex HVLP
I'm a total newbie when it comes to spray finishes (I've only sprayed spray paint from a can). I was looking at this guy on the woodcraft website and it looks like a bargain. I saw a review at the...
5
5

Casements around wide entry opening question??
Have a customer that wants some of their entries into dinning room and family room enclosed with casements and trim. In California they're building these upper end homes with curved outside edge...
15
15

DW744 recall
A recall for the Dewalt DW744 Job Site table saw has been issued. A pivot bracket can separate which can misalign the blade with the fence. One incident, no injuries.

Cyprus Knees
Anyone know where I could purchase some Cyprus Knees?? I have recently started carving these and looking for a good source. Thanks
2
2

3/16" dado problem
Needed to cut groove in front/back/sides for captive drawer bottoms - outfitting van... using 3/16" masonite for drawer bottom. Tried my Sears dado set - used 1 regular blade (1/8") and the 1/16...
21
21

test to see if group is back online
Anyone here. Earthlink has other groups working but this one has had no activity for weeks. Thanks Lyndell P.S. If anyone gets this ping me.
8
8

Amana rail and stlie bits
Anyone out there have any experience with the Amana Instile and Rail system router bits. It looks as though by combining shims and cutters it's possible to adjust for plywood panels, in a frame and...
1
1

Portable table saw
Hi, I need a light and portable table saw . Do you think that Dewalt DW745 table saw is a good model for a weekend woodworker ? I really need a portable saw because I have to bring it outside through...
3
3