Subject Author Posted Replies

Timer needed
I currently working on a box-fan air cleaner project which will hang from the ceiling. I want to preserve the speed controls, if possible, but I'd like to add a time so that it will run for an hour...
6
6

If you use Sketchup
I know many here use Google Sketchup for 3d drawings. Recently picked up a Space Navigator 3D mouse. lets you reposition your drawing with one hand while doing the drawing with the other. I'm right...
4
4

Off Topic: Amazing Water Landing on the Hudson
I know that everyone is using the word miracle. But this Sully guy, the pilot, pulled off a textbook landing of something that nobody gets to practice. He landed a commercial passenger jet on a busy...
40
40

Re: Anti-FAQ (Posted early for the recently arrived)
"Pat Barber" posted the I am not sure how I feel about this. Much of it is humorous, if you should ever have the patience to read it all. But there may be some crazies out there who would adopt this...
2
2

Planer
I'm starting to look for a planer. I'm anticipating light duty, so I'm looking to make a proportionate investment. Maybe moving to rough lumber instead of the S4S I've been buying. Getting the exact...
21
21

Re: Behlen por o pac
Yes, it can be thinned with mineral spirits. Or paint thinner. Or turpentine. Best is naptha (lighter fluid). No, it does not dry hard. It is a mix of stain (optionally), thinner and silex (fine...

Shellac For Oak Window Casing?
I have a north-facing bathroom window that gets a fair amount of condensation in the winter. I need to replace the casing due to damage, plus I need to paint the room. Rather than going with painted...
8
8

Behlen por o pac
Does anyone have experience with this product. I have the oil based product not the water based. I have a few questions: Can you thin it with mineral spirits? Does it dry hard. I spread some on ash...

OT:/ funny, but true..
Q: How do you get a hundred Canadians out of a swimming pool. A: Say, "OK, everybody out of the pool!"
1
1

PVC and dust collectio safety
I have been stetting up my new shop over the past few months and have researched dust collection on the net and by reading a few books on the subject. This morning I found this article on the Wood...
42
42

Re: What is it? Set 267
1513 looks like the front half of an articulated buckboard, but I bet it turns out to be a 'fifth wheel' to be towed behind a cannon to carry the gunpowder or something. 1514: a knife sharpener. 1515:...

What is it? Set 267
This week's set of photographs has been posted: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

Is it possible to reverse the rotation of a radial saw motor?
Just wondering whether it could be done.
27
27

I can SEE!
Hey guys, I recently purchased two pairs of bi-focal safety glasses at HF $3.99. The same pair is also carried at Wal-Mart and some Ace stores. at a higher price. They are 1.50 magnification. Heck I...
7
7

Lathe Face Plate
Hi Group, I'm starting to get back into woodturning and have a question about face plates. I seem to remember from my junior high shop class (a long,long time ago) that some of the face plates that...
8
8