Subject Author Posted Replies

Web site and affiliate marketing
Hi, Does aneone here have a woodworking web site and use affiliate marketing on there site? I have a web and have ads placed on my web site but get very few hits on these ads. Can anyone give me tips...
4
4

Spraying lacquer
When spraying lacquer, is it recommended to maintain a wet edge - as one would do with paint - or is it OK to apply mist coats. Have applied two coats of lacquer and there appear to be a small number...
18
18

Bench Shooting Vise - Plans - Ideas
I want to make a bench shooting vise to sight in with. I've studied some of the available commercial models and all of them leave something to be desired. I'd like to leverage the shooting side of the...
3
3

Tool Handle finish
We've got a few outdoor/garden tools (like a snow shovel that's older than I am) that need a new finish on the handles. What would be the best thing to use for this? Being outdoor tools, they...
11
11

Delta Top Turn Lathe
Hi Group, I run across a Delta top turn Lathe and have a question. I said that the spindle had a 1 X 10RH thread. This seems to go against everything as the most commom is 1 X 8RH and I haven't seen...
5
5

Looking for Supplier
I am looking for a set of drawer sliders that have the bracket for attaching a door to the assembly. Looking to make a pull out garabage/recycling cabinet for kitchen and would rather do it myself...
7
7

If Frank be hearin' some crazy robot announcing "Danger, Will Robinson" in Hebbin it's probably just Bob May reminiscing
Read this this morning along with the news about the Ravens losing to Pittsburgh. (Pasted for your convenience) 'Lost in Space' actor Bob May dies at 69 in Calif Latest TV News 'Lost in Space' actor...
6
6

Why did this happen (router question)
I am building a table top out of 4 edge glued boards. 2 of the corners have a radius to them. I have a piece of MDF that I am using as a template, with a trim bit and about 1/8 to 1/4 overhang rough...
15
15

My amateurish woodshop
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/MegaRouter.jpg
10
10

Squaring bed posts
I have glued up 8/4 stock to make 3 inch square bed posts. I left what I thought was a reasonable margin to square up the post after glue up i.e about 3 1/2 by almost 4. When trying to joint the glued...
10
10

Word of mouth
Hey Swingman, You know that picnic table I made based on your design? It's been sitting in the side yard of the friend I gave it to and two of her neighbours are inquiring about me building them one...
23
23

Re hearing protection....Kevin
I have a slight case of tinnitus, so a loud noise can increase the ringing? I just flew back to the Mideast, from the US, after the flight it seemed the ringing was louder, but has returned to normal.
5
5

Jet JBM-5 Bench Mortiser
Anyone have any experience with this one? What are your thoughts? Thanks, s
9
9

mortised lock assy
A while back I caught a show about morising an "old style" lock into a door. (Think skeleton key). This thing clamped to the edge of the door and using what looked like a router, it cut the slot wide...
5
5

Dremel blades on Fein?
I was in Home Depot today and there was a guy there doing a Dremel demonstration. Since I saw a recent thread on the cost of replacement blades for Fein tools, I asked him about using Dremel blades on...