Subject Author Posted Replies

Is my bandsaw blade screwed up?
Strange enough the shorter blades can eat you if you are not careful, and tossing them in the yard is a safe method. Longer blades, mine is 150" long, are very easily opened and closed while holding...
12
12

Miniature Raised Panel Rail & Stile Router Bits?
Eagle and others make such sets... will require some screwing around to get a good fit on a switch. I would think a very thin, flat panel would be a better choice for a switch plate cover rather than...
3
3

REVIEW - Makita BTD142HW 18v Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, I have just posted a review of the Makita BTD142HX 18v Impact Driver on my site: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/makitaBTD142HW.htm

(OT)somewhat-Be careful out there.
Many moons ago I bought a wooden 2' step stool. The metal folding spreader bars on either side were installed upside down so gravity and any movement of the ladder would let the spreaders start...
11
11

Plywood sale
Saw this on another NG One lot of 638,000 sq. ft. (about 14.5 acres) Some almost insignificant water damage, mold, and mildew, nothing a little paint won't fix. Bring a truck.

Anyone got or know about old Rockwell/Delta bandsaws? Tensioning question.
But as the spring weakens with use, the markings are useless. I just "twang" the blade till the note sounds bright instead of dull.
11
11

Goncalo Alves for Dining table?
Hey Guys, I'm starting on building an extension dining table. After wrestling with what to make it with, I wanted to depart from my standards of Cherry, Maple, Mahogany....and try something different....
7
7

Website Update
Folks, The recent correspondence about safe circular saw cuts prompted me to restore a rather large section to my web site. It's not exactly a fun read, but it tries to be comprehensive and might save...
1
1

Box joint router jig
This is a variation of the set up that they use on the Router Workshop. They mount it to a router table. In addition to box joints, they also use it for dovetails. That is probably where ou saw it..
4
4

Trolling for timbo?
What should we call it? I'm a little disappointed that he took 1:25 to take my bait, but it is satisfying to know he's utterly unable to resist. I wonder what pithy comment he had for Upscale and me....

Sears 10" Upside Down Radial Arm Saw cutting tiny piece of wood.
Does look interesting. I'd use ball bearing heavy drawer slides. Ease of slide and hold a line. Martin wrote: I finally figured out a way to safely cut tiny pieces of wood. Notice that the sawdust...
8
8

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw pre1975
ace hardware has a switch that fits [or at least they did 2 years ago] I dont remember having to do any remodeling to make it fit but it was different looking from the old one. skeez
2
2

This year's NYW
I caught the 3 episode of this years new shows and they did not IMHO make me think "repeat" While the project has probably been done before the only real difference that I noticed this season is that...

Eliminating blotchiness in cherry
I'm staining cherry to use as door and window casings, and blotchiness is an on and off problem. I understand that cherry is inherently problematic with uneven staining. I'm using a liberal coat of...
11
11

Cleaning washable Jet AFS-1000 filter without a garden hose
Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors? I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today... Thanks!
5
5