Another look at an inlay test

5 of the of 12 corner treatments I am making available to my bathroom countertop customers.

The wood counterparts, will be engraved in the legs and/or doors. Pictures of those coming soon.

yes, the bottom-left corner has a layer-merge error. The medallion should be on top. That's how you learn, eh?)

Reply to
Robatoy

PS.. I put a quarter on the sample for size reference.

Reply to
Robatoy

Nice work.

jc

Reply to
Joe

Looks a little busy to me. Also, it is awfully small for a countertop.

I assume that you are using your CNC router for this. If so, how do you position a big, heavy countertop accurately for these cuts?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

The CNC's travel will handle a piece 50" x 100". When the table's spoil-board is leveled by the router-spindle itself, the boundaries (The X,Y ) are established. Repeatability is .004 over the whole area. As far as big and heavy is concerned..I eat a lot of Wheaties. I slide the slab onto the table from the open end, stick on some big honking suction cups (really) and I have my way with any slab. My CNC is not set up to deal with granite or quartz. I only machine dry.

Reply to
Robatoy

Lee...

There are two ways to tackle the problem. The first is to attach a fence to the table (I have one that runs along the x-axis or long edge of the table) and use the router to machine a true face for work to bear against.

The second (if the router control is set up to allow it) is to use a device like the one at

accurately locate a reference corner of the workpiece. For large workpieces, I use a combination of both methods.

Reply to
Morris Dovey