Tile trim at external 3 way corner

Just ready to set about tiling round the new kitchen cupboards and trying to decide the neatest way to finish the tiles where they meet at an external 3 way corner. This is the corner where the window ledge, the wall behind the sink and the wall to the back door come together, IYSWIM.

I have seen this done by amateur and so-called professional tilers using plastic tile trim. The best seem to cut a mitre on the two horizontal edges but leave the vertical edge to but up against the other two. This leaves a sharp point on the mitre which protrudes and doesn't look very good. The worst aren't worth describing.

Any ideas of the best way to do it?

TIA Pete

Reply to
petek

There are corner pieces available for some types of trim. You'd have to check with the makers to see if they do what you need. I didn't have this problem as I used a nice chunky wood sill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That it the way I did mine, and I think it looks fine. You can reduce the sharp point by leaving a gap in the mitre and filling with grout.

Paul R

Reply to
Paul R

Just remembered I did a step like this - one where the sides were exposed so tiled too. Used a corner piece on the face and the beading along the top lines up perfectly with that. Homebase had the corner pieces - but dunno about colours. I was using the 'chrome' finish stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Thanks for your replies, but I have found the solution myself after a bit of searching on t'internet. I should have done this before posting my question! A company called "Genesis" makes PVC (& metal) extruded tile trim with matching corner pieces. The colour range for the trim is extensive but the corner pieces only come in white or cream which suits me. Also found a stockist near to me, Euxton Tile Supplies, Chorley.

Thanks again for your help. Pete

Reply to
petek

Right - I was using Homelux. They could have had corners in plastic - I simply didn't notice. Was happy to get them in 'chrome'. At a cost, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)