Subject Author Posted Replies

French Polishing - need help please
First off, I'll apologise for not following normal newsgroup netiquette of reading a group for a while before posting. I've only just subscribed and don't have the luxury of spending time reading...
5
5

A new type of planer blade?
http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/tls/1230996353.html
2
2

OT - Those Longhorns...
Ain't no count! Go Tigers. Sonny
1
1

Spiral nails pulling out of deck
go the screws are in the treated wood and are pulling out and building is f alling down, I understand there was a law suit against the dry wall screw, does anyone know where I can find information on...
25
25

Audel Carpenters and Builders library
This is an appeal to rec.ww's. Does anyone have a copy of the Audel publication Carpenters and Builders Library Book #1, containing information on Framing Squares? It must be a about a 1923 print, or...
14
14

Tutorial with pictures on Installing a restrictive trigger on Senco SNS45 stapler
Senco sent me a restrictive trigger for my SNS45 stapler. Restrictive trigger guarantees that not more than one staple will be shot upon one pull of the trigger. I found one page with instruction to...
2
2

does all wood darken?
Hello all, Question: Does all wood darken with age? Cherry, of course, is an example of such a species. Do other woods behave in the same way? One would think that most color would fade with exposure...
51
51

scroll saw recommendation
Would like some recommendations for a scroll saw. Will be used only occasionally when needed. So will not see any heavy use. Would perfer a model that does NOT use the pin type of blades. Paul T.
9
9

FS: Cabinet Saw, Used Once, Usual Pitting in Miter Slots Where the Blood Pooled
Due to economic downturn and changed career plans, I am forced to place at auction my best power tools, sufficient to equip small commercial shop. All were mint. Items as follows: 1) Radial Arm Saw,...
2
2

Delta 71-380 spindle sander, part II and gloat
Got the sander with a passle of sleeves and an "eraser" thrown in for a nicely negotiated price of $100. Sweet, but no manual. Anyone have one they'd be willing to scan and send or copy and mail? TIA...
5
5

Grain Direction in a Bed Post
Ok, got another 'grain' question. I=92m in the process of making a bed from cherry and I am currently working on the posts. Most of the posts look like they are qtr sawn. Ideally I would like the...
4
4

Re: angled finger joint? for beehive
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 20:17:37 +0100, Adam Chapman wrote (in article ): I'm Xposting this to rec.woodworking for you 'cos there's some clever blokes on there who might be able to come at this from a...
24
24

Wobble Dado
I've got a Craftsman Wobble Dado blade (set), and have been having trouble getting an accurate adjustment. If I try to set it to a specific width, and then properly tighten the blade bolt, the...
47
47

Hearing Protection (again)
I've been looking for something better since I've had two pairs snap within the last 6 months. I did a little research (this topic is almost as popular as wood questions here) and found several...
2
2

Finishing the finish?
I just finished up a table top with several coats of Waterlox, but it's still a little rough - probably from all the dust in the air. What can I use to rub down the top to get it smooth and maybe get...
11
11