Subject Author Posted Replies

Why is my stain not getting as dark as shown in store samples?
Despite multiple coats and letting the stain sink in as long as (or even sometimes longer than) recommended on the can, my stain never seems to get nearly as dark as shown on the can or as shown in...
40
40

cast iron router table top?
Hello all, I'm about to buy a router primarily for table use, plus a table! I don't have a lot to spend, so... I've pretty much decided on the larger Triton (TRB001) because it looks like the height...
33
33

Q, simulated wood flooring
I want to put down a look-a-like wood floor in a Florida room. I have dogs, mostly old, and want a flooring they can walk on with ease whereas wood has a tendency to slip out from under them. I guess...
16
16

Weakened Defected Wood
Some long time ago, on some forum, I read of a product that resolidifies rotten, termite-eaten/powderpost beetle-eaten or otherwise weakened or defected wood. Can someone direct me to this product, if...
18
18

Cleaning 'real' knotty pine paneling
While visiting my sister-in-law in Suffolk, Va. a couple years ago, she asked if I knew of a good way to clean or brighten up the paneling in her kitchen and dining room. It just looked too darned...
42
42

Woodworking school recommendations wanted.
Hi - I have a sabatical coming up and thought about going to a woodworking school to hone my skills / take them up a notch. I do functional stuff and have built most of the case goods in my house. Not...
2
2

Off Topic: Pine Needle Art
I suppose that this is woodworking related, sort of. At least pine needles come from a tree. This guy makes BEARS from pine needles. He also carves antlers. Real interesting stuff.
11
11

Dust Collector sucked a towel ... won't work
My Jet dust collector sucked up a towel ... it went thru the hose, thru the fan and lodged in the short tube between the blower and the collector bag when the motor quit working. The fan spins freely...
11
11

UV Epoxy & Windows
I really like the look of epoxy on oak. Yeah, it's a matter of taste I am sure. I really like it in moist environments since epoxy is so water resistant. Somebody once told me that ordinary window...
2
2

Bench Grinder(slow speed)
Any decent choices I'm overlooking besides Delta's 8" variable speed (1725-3450) bench grinder (Model #GR450). I'd buy this one one blind except the reviews I read were sort of disappointing. I...
33
33

Waterproof Exterior Wood Garage Door Panels
The sprinkler near the garage door keeps the bottom panel(s) wetter than otherwise in South Florida's semi-topical climate. It is time to replace the door panels once again. They are no longer made of...
6
6

What is it? Set 326
Just updated the web site with a new post: What is it?
31
31

Minwax Furniture Refinisher vs. alcahol/mineral spirits/lacquer thinner
I need to strip the finish from some old furniture. Someone suggested using Minwax Furniture Refinisher which supposedly contains (among other things) alcohol, mineral spirits, and lacquer thinner....
9
9

New product at Home Depot
Something to offend everyone!
16
16

OT: Alan Grayson, Michelle Bachmann To Debate Health Care On Larry King Live
Larry King, eh? This 'debate' should have been on Comedy Central... *nuking some popcorn already*
2
2