Murphy's oil soap for cleaning knotty pine paneling.

I recently asked for suggestions on cleaning knotty pine, and would like to thank everyone for their thoughts. It seemed like the Murphy's oil soap might work.

So if I don't forget between now and October (proposed trip?) I'll mention it to her. One of you mentioned it possibly being finished with shellac. I had not thought of it, but it did have the 'orange' appearance. If so, I agree denatured alcohol would work wonders.

Thanks again, Thermo

Reply to
thermo102

On 3/8/2010 4:57 PM thermo102 spake thus:

If it's shellac, alcohol will only "work wonders" in the sense that it'll leave a sticky gooey mess behind (unless you plan on completely stripping off the shellac finish, in which case it'll do fine).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl