O/T: Plan "B"

Was going to prepare a pasta dish this evening using ricotta that was in the fridge; however, it had been there too long.

No ricotta, time for plan "B", developed on the fly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Plan "B" from the warped mind and inclined galley of Lew Hodgett

Ingredients:

1, 2 oz Can, Anchovy fillets in oil 2, 6 oz Can, chopped clams with juices 4, Cloves, Garlic, chopped. 1, 12 oz, Penne pasta 1, 8 oz Cup, Frozen peas 1, 8 oz Cup, Parmesan grated cheese 3 Tbl, Dried Basil 1 Tbl, Butter

Directions: Heat anchovies and oil in a skillet, breaking anchovies apart.

Add clams with juices and garlic.

Bring to a simmer, then shut off heat.

Prepare penne according to directions, boiling for about 5 minutes, then add frozen peas.

Allow pasta to return to boil and boil for an additional 2 minutes.

Drain pasta/pea mixture, then return to pot.

Drain skillet mixture over pasta/pea mixture, then add basil, butter and parmesan grated cheese.

Toss evenly and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Necessity is the mother of invention. Sounds tasty. jc

Reply to
Joe

Sounds it's a grub-out I could get into.... 'cept wtf are those peas doing in there?

Reply to
Robatoy

I was thinking the same thing.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

--------------------------------------- Like certain types of sex, don't knock it till you try it.

I often add frozen veggies, in small amounts, to pasta dishes.

Adds a little color and tastes great.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yes....but P E A S ? ? ? (Don't get me wrong, I like peas, pea soup, steeped peas when in the UK, nothing tastier than fresh snowpeas...and I don't cook them, oh, and snap peas...yum+.) I put them in some rice dishes, but in pasta?.... that's like rice in a clear soup...or *puking now* barley! When I savour an al dente noodle, I don't want to run into a pea. (Watch where you put them spaces between words...LOL..like bar fridge...should never be contracted to barfridge...)

Reply to
Robatoy