Plan "B" - showers...

Still trying to work out what the hell to do in the face of mounting criticism from SWMBO - a tap/shower mixer would appear to be the easiest option, but while browsing on screwfix I noticed some cheap manual shower valves.

Are they held in place solely by the pipework, or do they have some alternative fixing method i`m missing entirely ?

It`d be going on a solid wall, already chased out from the previous nights' fun capping and removing old pipework. I`m not sure how well I could fix pipework in an open chase, and it sounds generally inadvisable to plaster over the pipework. The whole lot needs ripping out and starting from scratch, there are no tiles up at present, but will be if SWMBO gets her way.

I *hate* DIY :-(

Reply to
Colin Wilson

On a multipoint or combi, I would recommend a thermostatic shower (might be able to get away without if you are the only person living in the house). Ideally, a fast responding one, but they are significantly more expensive, and of course it must be a shower which is designed for the large and varying pressure differential from a multipoint or combi system.

I threaded the 15mm pipe up the middle of 20mm plastic electrical conduit, before plastering over it. The combination can be bent on a 22mm pipe bender, in order to bring it out of the wall (in my case, under the bath which doubles up as the shower tray).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

One way is usingf these things (assuming you're talking about a bar mixer):

or

If you google this newgroup for the Screwfix part number (56419) you'll find some previous threads about how they work.

Also ISTR John Rumm posted links to photos of his own shower installation a few months, showing how he'd solved this problem (tried to google for the post but can't, so hopefully John will repost it?!)

David

PS - Hey look at the above tinyurl URL! ("argos" is just a randomly generated 5-character alphanumeric)

Reply to
Lobster

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Yep.

Iused plastic (Hep2O) for my shower. I had one length for each of the hot and cold, which ran down the wall and under the shower tray to isolation valves in the built in cupboard. It was easy enough to do this of course as it is flexible.

The pipe was just plastered over, no problems. fixing it is easy enough, it's only got to hold it until it's plastered over.

Reply to
chris French