Subject Author Posted Replies

Hank Metz
Do anyone know anything about Hank Metz? He use to frequent this group years ago. I tried to email him from his web site, but the message bounced. Thanks. Joel
1
1

Question: Impact Drivers
Okay, I know the purpose of an impact wrench for automotive work. (I have several). I also know the purpose of a Hammer-Drill, own one small and one large one of those also. What is the purpose of an...
7
7

Circle Square
Years ago I bought a tool called Circle Square from the inventor here on Rec.Woodworking. Over the years it has been my favorite marking and measuring tool. If anyone knows the inventor of this tool,...
27
27

Triton dowel machine.
Opinions, please. NOT a Domino, but look at the price! Credible manufacturer to boot. Busy Bee Tools Home Page
14
14

O/T: Abby Sunderland Rescued!
in Houston http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/12/AR2010061200672.html?hpid%3Dmoreheadlines&sub=ARDave...
88
88

reclaimed lumber wood preservation question
Agreed. About the only thing possibly reasonable to apply would be (expensive) tung oil, plus the time to apply it. Might as well go buy treated lumber, which is much more appropriate for that...
7
7

OT: Ya wanna?
▶ Add Canadian, Please to your Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/track/6IxTbiwnYbTqktKZN1vPF8 Open this section up for more ↓ ▶ Follow us on Instagram! http://instagram.com/gunnarolla...
2
2

Ping: Basilisk
Check out these tools (woodworking machines and 2 other listings), near the bottom of the page, at the prison in Talladega Not all tools are pictured, read the detail descriptions. good deal may...
1
1

Craftsman Tools at Ace Hardware
Thanks for the link, Artemus. Looks like I was misinformed about a couple things. I looked for Williams tools on the web many yrs ago and could find nothing and thought they had expired. Maybe they...
34
34

Help soldering broken bandsaw blade
Obviously I'm doing something wrong here as my joints are brittle and don't hold worth squat. I ground the ends of the blade to about 45 degrees and cleaned the ends with sandpaper. I put on plenty of...
51
51

OT: BP is new BS
BP frantically tries to clean up...coffee. (some profanity)
14
14

New table saw - can't change blade
Ryobi from Home Depot ... I realize it's a reverse thread. Ryobi supples two wrenches and there seems to plenty of torque. Still under return for 45 more days but I hate to return an item this...
39
39

noise canceling headphones
My very satisfactory, but expensive, Bose noise canceling headphones, Model QC-2, have given up the ghost. Now there seem to be many more choices than when I bought the Bose headphones years ago. What...
7
7

Forstner bits - why no 5/16, 7/16
I'm a newbie. Wondering why the forstner drill bit sets seem to increment by 1/8", with no 5/16 7/16 etc.
45
45

Light, strong, not springy, wood for a skateboard?
I can buy a cheap skateboard for $20 US, but I would prefer to cut my own. I do not want concave or springy, it needs to be strong and lightweight flat wood. Anything readily available at the local...
11
11