Subject Author Posted Replies

Shop Fox W1707 Problem
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new Shop Fox W1707 and had it shipped to me. Now to my problem. I put a 3/16" blade on the saw and made a rather complex cut with tight turns, a cut I have made...
1
1

Personal Observations: Hand Tool Awakenings
Well, well. Making a reproduction Thomas Jefferson portable writing desk ( for my wife and part of the design is hand-cut dovetails. Tiny, tiny hand- cut dovetails that no router bit is small enough...

OT: A couple of articles by Rex Murphy.
Rex Murphy is a talent. Phrases roll off his tongue and I can think of only a few with such command of the English language. Both small articles from The National Post, a conservative Canadian news...
54
54

Burbank, CA To Long Beach, CA
Burbank and Long Beach are both suburbs of Los Angeles, both have commercial airports, and are about 40 miles apart. This weekend, the closure of I-405 has had a definite impact on how you would...
23
23

New Compressor?
I need a new compressor, one that I can roll around from time to time and than can power my 6cfm (@ 40psi) spray gun. The best deal/CFM seems to be the 60gallon/3hp/220v Husky Pros from HD followed by...
1
1

Woodworking Exhibit - Northern California
To all, We just opened up the Sonoma County Woodworkers Association annual Artistry in Wood show at the county museum in Santa Rosa. This year, we are featuring 49 pieces from such artists as Craig...

OT: Come on guys, help us out here...
Spread this around far and wide. Everybody you know! Megan (Elequen) is a close friend of my daughter and I am doing my part Elequen Megan General is an exuberant 26-year-old singer/songwriter...
5
5

OT: Things happen in threes.
My most sincere condolences Rob. I went through some of it many years ago (mother and father, bu no sister), but no words can express how it feels. Just hang on to the good memories and after a while...
18
18

I've Rediscovered WD-40
Haven't posted for awhile, but I still read the group at least once a week. Ya know how when you were but a babe, maybe 20, maybe a teenager, and you discovered the wonders of WD-40? When you sprayed...
65
65

What is it? Set 397
A new set has been posted on the site: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
23
23

O/T: Need To Build A Puter
Need to order a new puter for a friend. Place I used locally last time has gone out of business. Need to find a new source. A company in SoCal would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Anybody have a...
84
84

Delta 22-560 planner
Has anyone had the rollers stop moving? the motor runs and the blade spins but the rollers(both of them ) just stopped moving. any thoughts or suggestions? Len
7
7

Don't try to do this, and move your shop at the same time ...
11
11

building a proton pack out of wood and boxes
How does someone with little knowledge figure out wiring for lights n possibly sound?
7
7

What to put in top compartment on tool chest...
I finally got a big, double-decker tool chest.... is another one of those acquisition about which you immediately ask yourself, "How have I ever lived without this?" There is a top compartment with a...
14
14