Subject Author Posted Replies

Creative Toothpicking
Sorry, this post is ON topic. Scott Weaver's "Rolling through the Bay" kinetic sculpture. mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself....
16
16

Inkling. Now THIS excites me.
On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 11:19:48 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy Understand what you're saying, just not sure I agree with all of it. At the young age of 57, I have enough experience behind me to have developed...
15
15

basic shed building Q
I'm about to build a 12' x 8' gambrel roof shed. I have some 4x4x8' PT for the skids. I was going to then put 5, 12' - 2x'4s spaces 24" OC atop those for the floor joists with an 8' 2x4 to cap off the...
21
21

Decent drill press- gotta cheap out here
Today my Delta DP 350 broke. Can't wait a week or two getting it fixed. I need a DP like, tomorrow. Is there anything I can buy at HD, Lowes, Sears, that doesn't cost a bunch that I might have any...
15
15

Quick Electrial Question
Then it's grounded though the water in the pipes. And the ground wire to the disposal. To get a shock you need a voltage _difference_. Not gonna happen with a garbage disposal full of water.
140
140

Resaw some 8/4 Cherry in Southern Arizona
I need to find a mill or the like to resaw some 8/4 Cherry. 6" to 12" wide. 6' to 12' long. Tried the usual such as Home Depot, Lowes and such. One place in Phoenix referred me to two places here in...
14
14

OT: Mother's funeral.
We buried mother today. I was in awe of the strength my nieces, daughter demonstrated in giving their eulogies. Me, I was just a blithering idiot. So much of my mother's strength has been passed on......
12
12

Softwood-to-hardwood treatments for hardwood.
Hello all, If the process used to make this fancy Accoya wood (basically, as I understand it, it pickles softwood to produce a hardwood-like wood which is claimed to be more durable than teak - or so...
13
13

Sketchup & iPad2 - exciting times!
I use an iPad2 daily in my business as a General Contractor, and in eWoodShop kitchen, cabinetry and furniture jobs. Many also know that I have also relied on Google Sketchup for a number of years for...
18
18

OT: Sometimes stuff hits me funny. Chapter?
Confused the rabbits?
15
15

What is it? Set 404
I need some help with two of the items this week:
24
24

New arrival
*che =ADcking...yup... You still suck... Awesome stuff that laminate. Check out Wilsonart's adhesive technologies, they are well ahead of the curve with their chemistry. That 3000 is insane, but...
7
7

Water in the basement
I have my shop in my basement. It's a small ranch, wish it was a walk out. Anyway, I have never had water in the basement before this weekend. It's a finished basement, sheetrock and insulation....
18
18

My next home/kitchen design setup?
SketchUp to a whole new level. LOL
9
9

Criminal woodworking
Many people are just too trusting. What is really dumb that she didn't open the box on the spot, if for no other reason to make sure it wasn't empty. Paul T.
33
33