Subject Author Posted Replies

10" TS blades
I'm just a hobbyist, make little organizers, odds and ends. Very much budget constrained. For 10+ years I've been running with: Freud 10" Carbide Finishing 40 Tooth Advanced Anti-Kickback Design and...
47
47

Stickley reproduction with a few twists
Here are two pics of a recently finished project is a Stickley #601 Tabouret reproduction. 1. I used a wild-edge/cracked and distressed top 2. Done in Cherry vs traditional White Oak 3. Oil finish...
16
16

FYI: Jet Sale
For anyone that might be interested CPO tools is having a 10% off sale on Jet tools that ends 10/15 http://www.cpojettools.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-jet-Site/default/Default-Start?ref=em20121009

Unisaw Pricing down
It may just reflect their inventory, but I noticed today that now has the lowest prices in recent history on their 3HP Delta Unisaw ($2499). It makes me curious whether a Unisaw-Stop could be around...
6
6

Need some creative thinking
I have a friend (I know, hard to believe) that collects bicycles. Along the way he picked up this Schwinn sign: asked me if I could figure out a way to frame it so he could hang it on the wall. The...
17
17

Home-made air cleaner remake
Years ago I made an air cleaner from scrap wood, a furnace blower, variable speed switch, and some 18x24" furnace-type filters. The plans came from the web, and I apologize for not remembering the...
24
24

Easy Wood Tools
A quicky product review. I got a set of these tools, the mini set, the rougher, the finisher, and the detailer. VERY easy to learn and VERY easy to use. The learning curve to turning has almost...
6
6

Scrub Plane
If you have not come across Stumpy Nubs, you need to. A seriously warped woodworker, who has some off beat stuff that actually works, and does not cost a whole lot. For instance, the scrub plane in...

Homemade Tools
For those needing tools on a low budget, or for those who like a challenge... great ideas and projects on this site. ;-) `Casper http://www.homemadetools.net/woodworkingSome
1
1

mortiser advice for amateur
I might be in the market for a mortiser. Going to look on craigs list and ebay as well, but a simple question - is the HF Central Machinery - item# 35570 any good, compared to Jet or similar at twice...
28
28

Where to find a hinges for a small stool
I need to make a small stool out of 3/4 plywood stock with folding legs. The top will be about 13"X15" and the legs about 7" tall. I want the legs to fold inward and flat when not in use but swing out...
3
3

It's always a puzzle
More news for the novice end of the bell curve. I built a couple of platforms today that will support some older Ikea "cubbyhole" bookcases. They came with what Ikea calls "plinths", but they were...
45
45

Re: Saga of the Sofa Table - Maggie's Drawers ...
right/four photos)
17
17

Odd Fastner
I am about to start building a couple of Great Wheel spinning wheels and need a rather odd fastner. This is something I know has to be out there somewhere, but I don't even know what to call it, which...
11
11

Anyone know how to bore a spiral hole?
As part of an installation an artist friend has asked me if I could bore a spiral hole of about 1" dia endways through a seasoned hardwood log. Log would be about 14" dia (ish) and about 3ft long. Dia...
20
20