Subject Author Posted Replies

File mfgr recommendation
I need to buy some new files for handsaw sharpening and I'm looking for recommendations. Nicholson used to be good but I've heard that their stuff now made in mexico is sub par. Grainger carries the...
1
1

Electrical question (I know this is a WW forum)
I don't frequent any other forums and have a basic electrical question so t hought I would try it here. When I look at circuits for outlets they always run the wire "through" ever y outlet until the...
7
7

OT: latters for sale
Not mine. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/4000199131.html
27
27

Finally Made a Proper Router Extension for the Table Saw
Whenever I have a break between projects, I try to build something that will make the following projects easier. I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. It was very simple, but I'm sure it...
15
15

Ping Leon
Will be in Houston soon and thought to check out your local Craigslist, and saw this: It's probably at least a 6 hour round trip for you, but may be another option for some (reduced cost or bulk...
5
5

More Pictures
More Pics I do appreciate all the thought everyone has given this. [IMG] http://www.homeownershub.com/img/1l/IMG]IMG]http://www.homeownershub.com/img/1m/IMG]IMG]http://www.homeownershub.com/img/1n/IMG
16
16

i need advice on how to proceed with my oak kitchen table
You need some oak edge banding. How wide is that widest edge, 3/4" or 7/8"? Install (glue or iron on) what ever width you need to cover that widest edging. You might want to edge ba nd the whole...
27
27

McFeely's deal
... Well, I knew he did too,...doesn't mean one can't prod a little... :)
19
19

What is it? Set 505
I need some help with the second item this week: Rob
32
32

Glue wood to glass?
I need to glue a 1.5" diameter section of glass (hourglass) to a piece of cherry (slightly recessed). The small hour glass (6" long) will hang from the wood section. I'm thinking epoxy but worry about...
12
12

Lee Valley Restores my Confidence
Well so that all can see this post with out having to search through the previous, Lee Valley is taking measures to correct a problem situation that was developing. Do you like me better now, Ed? ;~)
8
8

Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.
August 1 I ordered 60 rare earth magnets from Lee Valley. I got a receipt and confirmation number. Checking on the order today they have no record of the order and are not willing to expedite shipping...
83
83

shop smoke alarrm
I like that idea - thanks. I've even got the copper coated phenolic - I use it for HO scale railroad ties and solder rail to it :-). Hmmmm - I may have to do the same thing in the train room so the...
13
13

OT, Debit card
Other than the vehicle purchase, my story is similar. But with all the snooping the NSA's been doing, I may go to cash on general principles :-).
35
35

Shed foundation quandary
In a week, I'll be building a 10x12 shed. The plans call for a on-grade foundation with 6x6 skids. My property is slo ped. From high pt to low pt is about 8 inches. I called out a guy and asked about...
24
24