Subject Author Posted Replies

Interesting information about Titebond wood glues
Titebond Extend glues have a half shelf life of the non extend/regular wood glues. The extend glue is simply regular wood glue with with large particles added to block the wood's pores. This blocking...
2
2

What is it? Set 524
I need some help with number 3059 in this week's set: Rob What is it?
38
38

Help with a large recess
I need to create a 2 1/2 circular recess in a hunk of wood for a project my son is working on. My largest forstner bit is 2 1/8. My instinct is to g et one of those adjustable hole bits and work in...
20
20

Re: OT: Flash Mob
"Morgans" wrote There is another out there featuring Ravel's Bolero. That one is the best classical flash mob I have see, I think.
1
1

Will we one day not need adhesives?
To find out more please visit our website: https://www.twi-global.com/what-we-do/research-and-technology/technologies/welding-joining-and-cutting/friction-welding/linear-friction-welding
8
8

Touch Technology Taps
Anyone have any experience with these new touch on taps? How well do they work, are they mostly gimmick or are they a viable technology? What kind of life does the battery typically have? Any comments...
13
13

RE: O/T: Ray Price
Gone at 87. Lew
5
5

Glue-Up Advice Redux
Some of you may remember that I asked for advice on how to glue up a set of CD shelves. There were two problems: the sheer number of shelves in dado joints (13) and the inexperience of the worker...
36
36

Removing accumulated wax / polish
What methods / products are suggested for removing accumulated wax / polish from furniture? Item in question is an early 60s console stereo cabinet, believe the finish to be lacquer. Thanks. Doug
29
29

Heads up Bill
Incra 1000HD at Rockler,$120. http://flyer.rockler.com/december/app.php?RelId=6.0.5.2
10
10

The Ox - Portrait of a Master Woodworker
The OX is a well executed and inspiring portrait of master woodworker Eric Hollenbeck.
8
8

Look what happened to this feller's workshop
Man.... Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely pun though. He should have had a ____ Stop!
73
73

RE: WoodSmith Tips
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------- View this week's Woodsmith Tip online: http://woodsmithtips.com/l/e0bf-183850

ESP Custom Guitar Shop (was: More on glue)
While the end product is way over the top for my liking, he gets an A+ on execution and craftsmanship. LUTHIER SPOTLIGHT Two years after enrolling in ESP's Guitar Craft Academy in 1990, Masao Ohmuro...
7
7

What is it? Set 523
This week's set has been posted: Larger images: Rob What is it?
76
76