Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: for you musical wood workers
YOU KNOW YOU'RE TOO OLD TO PLAY GIGS WHEN... It becomes more important to find a place on stage for your fan than your amp. Your gig clothes make you look like George Burns out for a round of golf....
2
2

Wooden Roller Coaster
9
9

Sketchup short cuts and questions.
I am a fan of keyboard short cuts. I try to use my thumb track ball mouse to simply navigate, select, give direction for a line to follow and right click. I am a big fan of using the flip feature on...
2
2

More on glue
The different types of adhesives used by Taylor guitar: http://www.cabinetmakerfdm.com/Adhesives_play_key_role_in_guitar_construction.html
7
7

O/T: Grace Hopper
Those of you not involved with computers will wonder what made Admiral Hopper worthy of a Google day. I had the very great privilege of meeting and talking to her several times. She's worth a Google...
18
18

Newsreader Needed
I need an independent, dedicated newsreader. I am migrating to a system that does not support newsreaders in the email client. And it is not just me but a number of us old farts who insist on reading...
69
69

Neat clamp block idea.
I started having my wife save milk containers. I have a ply tool to equalize the pressure on my vises when closing, but they are usually a little off from what I need. So I started to copy the Lee...

It's a girl!
Picked up my new lathe today. After much deliberation decided on the Nova 1624-44. Asked for some input from the turners at SMC and one who lives in my area had one for sale. (My area included a 180...
3
3

Damn stupid
I just took a kickback to the gut. I haven't had a kickback on the TS in a long time. Was cutting a piece of tempered hardboard, and the offcut flew back into me. I was not using my gripper (idiot)....
29
29

Chineese crap
Just took the van to pick up some stuff. Noticed the brakes sounded like they had a stone in them. I just replaced them last year, rotor and pads. You can't find anyone to resurface rotors anymore. As...
26
26

BLO/Poly/Solvent advice
I decided to try a 1:1:1 mixture of BLO/MinWax Gloss Poly/Naphtha on my current project, a set of CD shelves. (made of Oak ply) I've got 3 coats on and I like what I see, but I have questions. I read...
10
10

(New subscriber) Latest and greatest tools, and old-time tools
Naahh ... we're crotchety old curmudgeons who shoot at each other at the drop of a #5 Bailey. The survivors are ones with the big iron they can hide behind.
135
135

What is it? Set 522
I need some help with number 3046 in this week's set: Larger images: Rob What is it?
37
37

RE: O/T: Software
Looking for some guidance. Running FireFox on XP. Can minimize FireFox with no problem. When I restore from the minimize position after some period of time, usually an hour or so, get a complaint that...
54
54

RE: O/T: Ping
Christmas shopping maybe? Lew