Touch Technology Taps

Anyone have any experience with these new touch on taps? How well do they work, are they mostly gimmick or are they a viable technology? What kind of life does the battery typically have? Any comments or opinions will be appreciated.

none

----------------------------------------------------------------------- SFWIW, Delta didn't just crawl out from under some rock, they have been in the housing componets business for a lot of years.

A few years ago, they bought Behr paints.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Technically Masco.

I had not thought of the connection but it may be why Behr paints are so much better than they used to be. The painters I knew used to disdain them for their lack of coverage and having the appearance of always needing one more coat.

My general advice is that if it is not sold at Home Depot, it has a better chance of being a good product.

Jeff

No kidding!. I used Behr a few times in the past is found that its coverage was terrible and it did not adhere as good as the competition to enamel surfaces.

That said a couple of years ago I very reluctantly bought some Behr exterior stain and so far so good.

Reply to
Leon

It's not the coverage I have a problem with. Its how thick it is. It does not brush well, it doesn't flow. For rolling that's fine, but cutting in is a pain with a paint that does not flow off the brush.

I use Benjamin Moore,Glidden, or Sherwin .

Reply to
woodchucker

I try to use Sherwin Williams for my enamels. I Have had excellent results in years past with Sears Best Easy Living latex wall paint, coverage over black sole marks, under my son's desk, was a single coat solution. IIRC Sears paint is made by Sherwin Williams.

Reply to
Leon

I have no experience of these but my immediate thoughts are (1) totally unnecessary and (2) just something else to go wrong*. This appears to be fairly new on the market, do you want to be a guinea pig? Why reinvent the wheel? Modern taps are available in a plethora of designs with prices to suit most pockets. Old tech perhaps but they work and are preferable to hand pumping water from a well. Yes, I did that for many years as a child in rural UK. Just my 2Ps worth, Nick.

*this normally occurs on Christmas eve when a houseload of family & friends are due to arrive.
Reply to
Nick

I am of the mind to KISS, I prefer manual valves for water, manual light swithes and on. YMMV the fancy toys usually cost more to fix when they break.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

I don't doubt that it would probably be trouble free, the technology is not really new, just used for something else. If you will recall the touch to turn on and turn off lamps. I think this technology has been on TOH a few years now.

No having said that, is it a gimmick? Remember the Sony Walkman? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Hard to argue with any of those. I'm blessed to have a Benny Moore that gives a very good wholesale price to everyone, even if you are just buying a gallon. They ask 3 questions: Economy, Contractor or Best? Whatever their best is, I trust them, even if it isn't a Benny Moore. There are lots of stores I don't feel that way! They sell a *lot* of paint because of that.

Jeff

It's not the electronics but the valve that I would worry about. With that said, I have seen touchless faucettes in restaurant/commercial washrooms and you know that they get a lot of use.

You still need the old fashion methods to adjust flow and temperature, so what convenience are you buying?

Jeff

Yep, I always go for the best paint, best roller cover, and best brush. I have brushes I have used for years. Some are getting a little ratty, but you can't go wrong with a really good brush.

Reply to
woodchucker

I have to agree, I just replaced my 5 year old Honeywell electronic thermostat. It just stopped working.

I'm afraid my choices are more limited now, I like the multiple time frames that I can set, but the cost is too high, and the lifetime is too short. Any savings is clearly wiped out by the short lifespan.

Reply to
woodchucker

"j" wrote:

----------------------------------------- Thank you. I had forgotten who owned who.

Just remember Behr being acquired since they were a good customer.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett