Subject Author Posted Replies

door width
Quick question... I'm making a new front door. The existing door is 1/4" less than the width between the jambs. That seems a bit much. Is it?
3
3

tree removal arrangement
scenario property owner has a tree they want removed depending on the tree size and location it can be very expensive to have them removed by a pro the location matters for lots of reasons proximity...
57
57

Which chisel?
I bought a Narex paring chisel in 1/4". I figure it should do fer any corner cleaning I need on 1/2" finger joints. So, I plan on 1/2" finger joints made with a Japanese pull saw and cleaning up any...
42
42

Small fan on Fuji 4 stage gun
I have been using the Fuji 4 stage for a number of years. It's a grea t investment. Recently, I have sensed that the "spray fan" width is not wi de enough. I then tested with water in the gun; the...

anyone tried this hardware
like the look of their stuff and the prices are not bad have found a few sellers of their products and one ships small orders free always looking for new choices with hardware really would like to...
1
1

Which douzuki saw?
Im gonaa buy a Japanese pull saw fer making finger/dovetail joints. I'll be using them on 1/2" thk baltic birch plywood to make kitchen drawer boxes. I'll start w/ finger joints and proceed to...
10
10

complaints on hf glue
never read the reviews on the hf wood glue but others have also complained about the bottle if they can put the glue in a tube like a toothpaste tube they will have a good product there for smaller...
42
42

OT LED Lighting
I know this is a bit off topic but several months ago we were discussing energy efficient lighting. My power company has sent me a link to order LED lighting at a remarkable low price. If you use this...
12
12

will keep a bootle of hf glue in the shop
i like this glue but i will still keep titebond around it is thicker than titebond so it stays put but it spreads fine when clamped has the consistency of caulking so no dripping dries clear sands...
1
1

looking for a decent plywood for a crawlspace "floor"
I have a crawlspace in the basement that has a dirt floor right now. I'd l ike to lay some sheets of 4x8 plywood (or other material) on it to make a s urface suitable for crawling on or putting things...
74
74

Shopmade panels
I'm building a post and frame panel bed for my son and his wife. Pretty straight forward except the size (I've built 2 for us previously). I want something nicer than plywood for the panels and...
14
14

OT T8 Tubes
I am having a problem with some T8's that I bought from HD. They are Phillips Altos. I have two boxes, of 10 one is daylight, one is for home and office (not sure of K). Anyway they keep burning out...
27
27

Festool Paper on a Bosch Sander
I gave this a try tonight, and had disappointing results. The problem is that Festool paper uses a wider hole pattern than the Bosch, so you have to make new holes in the paper for the dust collection...
3
3

how many tape measures in your shop
i count 5 tape measures in the shop the lufkin lock broke but i still use it the others are stanley and craftsmen hf freeby is a tape measure so i go to 6 with one semi working
78
78

spray gun giveaway
looks like a nice spray gun setup valued at over 600 Giveaway - The Wood Whisperer
1
1