Subject Author Posted Replies

PRETTY MUCH OT - PeltierBeer:Equipment
However it is sitting on a wood table top. Could be a vital part of relaxation after a rough day in the shop. JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock. http://folk.ntnu.no/arnesen/peltierbeer
12

Workshop Ventilation
I was considering converting a 10x12' storage building into a woodworking shop, where I could do work such as stripping, sanding, refinishing, etc. on a regular basis. Things like insulating,...
6
6

Need Some Cheap Router Bits?
12
12

REVIEW - Torquata Dust Picker DC Attachment - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Greetings, We have just posted a review of a very handy dust collection device for around the workshop - the Dust Picker! You can read the full review online now at Hope it helps!

Neanders look
I've been wanting a plow plane for some time. I looked in E-bay, but the price people pay for some of that stuff is un-believable. Japan Woodworker has one that is made of Rosewood, has a fence and...
2
2

FA: Horizontal Milling Cutters, Grizzly Planer, Porter Cable Finish Nailers etc
Ending tomorrow & located in Mesa, AZ Like new Porter Cable Finish Nailers 1 Grizzly 13" Planer Moulder Johnson Laser level Kit Horizontal Milling Machine Cutters Freud 8" Dado Head

Re: New Market Opportunity - Work Shop Interior Designer?
Don't laugh - it could happen. If I wish, I can now have someone come in and completely build a model railroad for me - benchwork, track, scenery, and structures. Probably even supply the appropriate...

ftnipi - 74 More free plans added!
Check out the new plans at... PS: FTNIPI - For those not interested, please ignore. http://www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk/Plans%20Recently%20Added.html http://www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk
2
2

MDF Question
I have been asked to built some slot machine bases for portables units. The bases will be 22" high X 27" wide X 17" deep. They have to be able to hold 250 - 500 LB in height. I was thinking of using...
6
6

please stop me before i electrocute/blowup/burnup myself...
before i start randomly poking electrons where they shouldn't go, i need some advice from the more experienced electro-mechanical-woodworkers of the shopbuilt persuasion - 1. have *old* 220/240V...
6
6

Wood drying newbie needs advice
We're in the process of cutting down one of our 33-year old Yew bushes (well, at 15-20 feet it's more like a tree than a bush). I've saved a few branches of relatively straight segments and would like...
1
1

Questions about cedar properties
I'm salvaging some cedar from the windows I replaced last year. This stuff has been exposed to the elements (under a flaking coat of paint) for over thirty years, yet when I cut into it it looks to be...
6
6

Re: kevlar gloves with a bandsaw?
You're joking, right? These gloves are designed to keep you from getting hurt from things like metal flashing - like a big paper cut, and from incidental cuts on unfinished metal in an industrial...

Your opinion, please.
I have come to own (I know not how) a Yankee push drill about 18" long (I'm eyeballing it as it lays on my desk). It is stamped: Yankee No 130A North Bros. Mfg. Co. Phila, PA USA Pat. Dec. 11 23 Made...
10
10

3/4 solid hardwood over gyp-crete?
do i need to screw down 5/8 or 3/4 ply over the gyp-crete? The gyp-crete is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. The gyp-crete is laid over a 3/4 inch OSB sub floor. thanks for any help.
3
3