Is something wrong with my wood sink countertop??

Hello all,

Is there something wrong with my sink countertop?

Take a look at this picture:

sink is to the left in the picture, and the countertop is sunken down in the area where the sink is. You can see it is higher as you get farther away from the sink.

So basically, the countertop is higher on the side to the right of the sink, and on the side to the left of the sink as well. The countertop is wood.

Any idea what is wrong? What should I do? How much does it cost to fix? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Reply to
wangchieh

Hello all,

Is there something wrong with my sink countertop?

Take a look at this picture:

sink is to the left in the picture, and the countertop is sunken down in the area where the sink is. You can see it is higher as you get farther away from the sink.

So basically, the countertop is higher on the side to the right of the sink, and on the side to the left of the sink as well. The countertop is wood.

Any idea what is wrong? What should I do? How much does it cost to fix? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Reply to
wangchieh

Can't tell much from that picture, but it looks like the cabinets aren't level. If it's just the sink cabinet, you could have a longtime leak under there that has rotted the floor out and let the sink cabinet settle.I've seen that happen before. Remodeled a kitchen where we had to replace about 4 floor joists because there had been a small leak under the sink that didn't run out and it rotted through the flooring and just kept spreading.That was a job. Better have it looked at..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 2986 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 2986 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Burgy

BTW, the leak was between the cabinet bottom and the floor, so the water ran down between the pipe cutouts and never showed up inside the sink cabinet. The kitchen was over a crawl space, so there was no basement where anyone would notice it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 2986 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Burgy

Looks like the shims between the bottom of the counter top and the wall of the cabinets have fallen out.

Reply to
Leon