: First one I made was for a Shopsmith. I looked at the
: were asking to buy one, and made one, no prob. In fact, I made
: half-dozen, all at one go. Used think plywood, every simple
I never thought about doing it that way, but on second thought,
what I did made a better fitting insert. It's probably becuase
my Delta TS isn't the most expensive in the world, plus the
insert needed a shoulder to fit the opening properly. So I
just traced the existing pattern onto some 3/8" ply with a dull
pencil and cut it out on the outside of the line - fit came out
perfect; hardest part was getting the shoulder accurately routed.
Then a belt-sand, and it was ready to wax.
BTW, used a couple of your TS miter sled ideas you referenced;
they work great! Keep 'em coming if that's what you enjoy!