ROTATING FINISHING TABLE

I made something vaguely similar, long before I ever saw this. Mine uses an old skateboard wheel, what some people would call "scrap" plywood, glue, so cost was nil. Works fine.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

I may have made the mother of all wood shop rotating finish tables for spraying my kitchen cabs. 48 x 48 (MDF) inches it rotated on eight steel ball bearing rollers. These are available at woodworking supply places but mine just happened to be industrial surplus. An old round table served as the support and a short piece of gas pipe mounted to the center of the table and projecting up through a hole in the MDF is the pivot. Worked great. Allowed many cases or panels to be sprayed at once. Now my cabs are done I will be taking it apart

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

G'day JT, I made one as well. It's about 18" diameter with 4 castors. A bolt through the centre and into a block fixed onto the spray booth table and all's good. If I remember correctly I took the castors of an old office chair that was going to the tip so the only cost was the 1/2" bolt. Amazing what you can make for almost nothing with just a little thought and a big junk pile :)

regards John

Reply to
John B

My small one is based on a used lazy susan. My big one is telescoping iron pipes, attached to proper flanges, with suitable weight on the base section depending on what's on top.

**
**

B A R R Y

Mon, Sep 17, 2007, 7:36am (EDT+12) ""johntoymaker\"@large puddle.com">

(John=A0B) doth sayeth: Amazing what you can make for almost nothing with just a little thought and a big junk pile :)

Hi ya John. Very satisfying too.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

What John said. Tom

Reply to
tom

I have two made from garage sale lazy suzan bearings and cable reel ends.

Reply to
Jim Harvey