X5 replacement motor?

Having trouble finding a motor for my x5. It came with a 3 hp . The ones I’ve found on eBay from lesson seem to have the slotted adjustment on wrong side. Mounted in saw the slot is on left side from rear of motor they all seem to be on right. It’s a left tilt arbor. Is it just the way I’m looking at it wrong?

Reply to
Giacomo

I thought the only surviving X5 was at the Air Force Museum. Oh, you didn't mean _that_ X5? Well what kind of X5 _did_ you mean?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Gee I extrapolated a Delta Unisaw Left tilt X5.

google gives a great deal of options to choose from.

Reply to
Markem618

Exactly!

Reply to
Leon

The usual dodge is to electrically reverse the motor, if the motor is designed to allow that. If so, the data plate will usually say how.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Wouldn't that be "L51X" or "36-L51X". Mine is a 36-L31X.

Delta parts are impossible to get. I had real trouble even finding blade wrenches. The inner is skinny (and very soft steel). I'm hoping mine lasts forever.

Reply to
krw

My inner one is a bit of bandsaw blade, my dad made it from the blades they used to cut tractors and ag machines in half at the International Harvester R&D which became J I Case.

Reply to
Markem618

That's a hell of a bandsaw!

Reply to
krw

Three stories wheel height, cutting a prototype tractor in half for dealer displays when I saw it in action.

Reply to
Markem618

I was thinking sawmill but that's big!

Reply to
krw

Yes! You never know when you might need to cut a tractor in half. Can't count the times I was out in the field, broke down, and needed to cut the tractor in half. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Yep you can not count to zero, prototypes JI Case could not sell, so lets make cut aways for the dealers.

Reply to
Markem618

Richard Trethewey, the plumber on This Old House, was the King Of Cutaways. Quote: "I am the great bisector."

To explain how some parts work, he had cutaways of cutaways.

There's even a website dedicated to his favorite cutaways:

DerbyDad03

Most auto manufacturers have cutaways of their engines at auto shows

Reply to
Leon

Smithsonian Air and Space has a lot of cutaways of various engines, from WW-I to the Space Shuttle. The Air force Museum in Dayton has some really amazing cutaways of the B36's 28cyl radial engines.

Reply to
krw